• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Love and Dating.

AspieOtaku

Leader of the otaku legion!
I come off as clingy, overly affectionate and smothering, it drains my partners energy and im back alone and sad however i finally found a compatable partner, shes just as clingy and overly affectionate and i like her, she appreciates my affection too and likes my attention and i like her, in short we both cling to eachother and like it.Shes very overly affectionate back to me and i like it, im not smothered nor drained of energy, i like the attention and feel loved and happy. :oops::oops:

Last edited:
That’s nice. Current boyfriend and me match very well in levels of affection and clinginess. Some days we’re practically joined at the hip, other days we do our own thing and hardly see each other. I didn’t use to be affectionate in relationships, which really frustrated my ex, but somehow it feels good and natural with my current boyfriend. I can’t imagine not kissing and hugging him when I leave the house or come home.

I come off as clingy, overly affectionate and smothering, it drains my partners energy and im back alone and sad however i finally found a compatable partner, shes just as clingy and overly affectionate and i like her, she appreciates my affection too and likes my attention and i like her, in short we both cling to eachother and like it.Shes very overly affectionate back to me and i like it, im not smothered nor drained of energy, i like the attention and feel loved and happy. :oops::oops:
Congratulations!! If it lasts, you have won the autism lottery. Clinging MAY be overdoing it, depends on how both individuals feel, but cuddling and hugging after is great. I certainly enjoyed it and miss it. Don't let what other people say is "normal" set the standard for you and your partner. I wish you the best of luck.

I am the opposite of clingy until I'm not. I have adapted and accepted the label of "ice queen." It will take a special individual to accept that I am a lot to handle with my past trauma experiences and not being "neurotypical." I need my alone time, freedom and space while being shown consistency, logic and understanding. I also have an uncanny sense of just "knowing" things and people. I am accepting of being solo, as I enjoy my own company and mind (most times), but will not lie that I hold on to a blind hope that an understanding other half exists that I can "melt for."

Congratulations!! If it lasts, you have won the autism lottery. Clinging MAY be overdoing it, depends on how both individuals feel, but cuddling and hugging after is great. I certainly enjoyed it and miss it. Don't let what other people say is "normal" set the standard for you and your partner. I wish you the best of luck.
She clings abit but i feel good catering to her attention and feelings and everytime we cling we feel closer.

good for you man you deserve to be happy.

I know the feeling man, it's a good feeling.
She does at times feel lonely and needy when im not around, shes clingy like i am but i let her know im here, and shes happy and i feel good being there for her and comfort her, i feel what she feels at times.

It's good y'all are so compatible, I guess all you can do is take it one step at a time.

She does at times feel lonely and needy when im not around, shes clingy like i am but i let her know im here, and shes happy and i feel good being there for her and comfort her, i feel what she feels at times.

It's good y'all are so compatible, I guess all you can do is take it one step at a time.
We do and take it a step at a time, we really love eachother and feel we are one.Shes an aspie like me, shes hypersexual like i am, shes clingy like i am and another libra. We listen to eachother and feel close.

We aspies may get clingy at times, we cannot help it, we spend a lot of time trying to not be clingy for NT partners at times, perhaps were best with other aspies, my partners an aspie and i no longer have to change myself for her.We are gorilla glued together and i dont mind being as attatched as she is, i feel so warm and happy inside, i feel loved for once, i love the love and affection and reciprocate it for her as she loves the attention and affection too.

Last edited:
Best of all i feel vulnurable enough but yet safe around her, i cried and she comforted me, i dont cry often, im a guy and usually hold it in but opened up and cried, she cradled me in her arms and comforted me, i felt nurtured and loved.Similar to this vid, skip to 10:44 to 10:56
I have not felt so vulnerable but safe around someone to cry in front of and be comforted in a long time, she holds me in her arms and cradles me when i cry.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom