1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Loud Hands: Autistic People, Speaking 2015-02-05

Autism speaks for itself: essays, stories, photos, and poems

1. Aspergirl4hire

Aspergirl4hire Mage, Sage, Revolutionary

Aspergirl4hire submitted a new resource:

Loud Hands: autistic people, speaking - Autism speaks for itself: essays, stories, photos, and poems

Read more about this resource...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Tia Maria

Tia Maria "Be the change you wish to see in the world"

My just posted Review: I read the preview pages on A m a z o n. Fantastic. I am ordering this book for myself & copies as gifts for several family members. Eye opening, & so touching. Every person who knows an autistic person should read this book. (I'm still teary eyed. And I am not a big cryer.)

THANK YOU Aspergirl4hire! I doubt I would have come upon this book if you had not mentioned & posted about it! Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Tia Maria

Tia Maria "Be the change you wish to see in the world"

I look forward to reading more of your thoughts & feedback on the book. And I look forward to receiving my copy to finish reading it myself. I hope that besides everything else, it's also a cathartic read for Auties & Aspies. After some grieving, I truly hope that the feelings of HOPE & optimism replace despair.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Aspergirl4hire

Aspergirl4hire Mage, Sage, Revolutionary

I will be updating the resource summary as time permits with some additional snippets. I'm glad the Amazon review helped, and I think nothing beats an inside look in a little more detail for people looking for some specific help--from the people who know this best. Us.

CHANGES SINCE ORIGINAL POSTING: Added review lines for "low-functioning" and "paradigm shift"--which are related, since the phrase "low functioning" loses its meaning when we redefine what normal is, and moreover, what it means to accept diversity.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MROSS

MROSS Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Babyc

Babyc New Member

I would like to make a review of this book as you mentioned before purchasing it. How helpful this book would be?