• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lost 17 pounds!

kg4fxg

Well, it is interesting but I am not hungry. Went two full days with no food just ice water. The third day I had a little dinner. I never eat breakfast or lunch and do not miss it. I would have never thought I could go on for two days without food? It feels good to eat much less and I am not overweight.

Have others done this....?

Bill

I have, but I don't know what it's worth if you add in drugs in the equation.

Not eating for 2 days while using speed was something that happened quite often. I kept hydrated with water (or coffee even; yes, caffeine and amphetamines, lol).

My friend even had a own little workout bench/set-up going on, and since I usually did drugs with him, we ended up working out a bit. Even after doing that quite regular, doing drugs, working out, and not eating a lot, I never lost a pound. Neither have a I gained anything, so that might be good.

However, yes, sometimes I forget to eat, or just don't care to eat. I rather keep my attention to whatever I want rather then making a short break to eat.

I do hear stories that irregular eating doesn't really contribute to some kind of weightloss, but apparently it worked out for you just now.

Maybe my attention is on other things? I think that can be typical Aspie. Just glad I don't forget to use the bathroom!!

I was once a 240 lbs fattie, but I didn't lose weight by not eating.

I was once a 240 lbs fattie. I lost 40 pounds almost instantly by removing almost all sugar from my diet.

I have reintroduced some sugar. Oddly enough, doing that caused me to lose another 25 pounds.

I was once a 240 lbs fattie. I lost 40 pounds almost instantly by removing almost all sugar from my diet.

I have reintroduced some sugar. Oddly enough, doing that caused me to lose another 25 pounds.

I, at one point, was even heavier than you were. It was the same for me; removing almost all sugar from my diet lowered my weight down to a normal range. I also stopped eating so much damn cereal. I used to have a major cereal addiction.

Some people think that I don't look like I could have ever been fat, but I have stretch marks all over my body to prove it. At my heaviest, I was about 265-270 pounds.

I've lost weight twice. Once after high school which involved never eating (borderline anorexic) and chain smoking.

I regained the weight when I become a Fast food manager and got free meals.

Then I started running consistently and eating loads of fruits, vegetables and lean meats. The weight melted off and now I have begun to pleasantly tone up a little (who knew running is such a good ab workout?)

I also watched an episode of Tedspeaks on Netflix (love that stuff) and the nutritionist was speaking about angiogenics and it affects a plethora of medical conditions. Obesity was one of them. According to him, by eating foods high in Anti-angiogenic compounds can cause staggering weight loss, as was proven by tests on mice.

Which makes sense because I eat a lot of foods that he listed anyways.

You know I have finally started to loose some weight. As I have been a bit heavy and not as healthy as I would like. But it helped a lot when I became allergic to a lot of the food that was contributing to the weight (certian sodas, candies, chips) a lot of it has preservatives and dyes that I can't handle anymore so I started to loose weight by just not eating junk food, eating more fruits veggies, and having to take the bus every where (plus I also had two bad cases of salmonella that helped too).

I've lost weight twice. Once after high school which involved never eating (borderline anorexic) and chain smoking.

I regained the weight when I become a Fast food manager and got free meals.

Then I started running consistently and eating loads of fruits, vegetables and lean meats. The weight melted off and now I have begun to pleasantly tone up a little (who knew running is such a good ab workout?)

I also watched an episode of Tedspeaks on Netflix (love that stuff) and the nutritionist was speaking about angiogenics and it affects a plethora of medical conditions. Obesity was one of them. According to him, by eating foods high in Anti-angiogenic compounds can cause staggering weight loss, as was proven by tests on mice.

Which makes sense because I eat a lot of foods that he listed anyways.

I am not sure what you mean by angiogenics; I work in an animal research facility where we test weight-loss drugs among other things (one is about to be approved by the FDA but for confidentiality reasons I can't say what it is) and I have never heard the term. I have heard of angiogenesis, which is associated with tumors. What happens is that as a tumor grows it creates its own network of blood vessels (angiogenesis). There are several compounds being researched which have the potential to block off these blood vessels and thus starve the tumor, but I do not know of any foods that have this capability. Could you be possibly thinking of anti-oxidants?

I have started a walking program (at least 1 mile at least 3 days a week) and hope to see some weight loss from that. I have been at it 2 weeks and have already seen an improvement in my energy level.

Well,
Down 22 pounds and I changed my Avatar so you could see the real me. I am not nor have been what I consider to be over weight. Oh, yeah the dog is a Blue Merle Sheltie and she has since died. I eat one small meal a day, not hungry the rest of the time. I do drink water through out the day. Thinking........

B

Well, it is interesting but I am not hungry. Went two full days with no food just ice water. The third day I had a little dinner. I never eat breakfast or lunch and do not miss it. I would have never thought I could go on for two days without food? It feels good to eat much less and I am not overweight.

Have others done this....?

Bill

Supposedly, if you go from eating normally to eating almost nothing, it is not very sustainable. Eventually, you will go back to your normal diet. I have read somewhere that in order to develop a new diet, you must change gradually.

As for going days without food, yeah...I did it last week when I had a horrible toothache. I just drank milk and cold water all day.

I am not sure what you mean by angiogenics; I work in an animal research facility where we test weight-loss drugs among other things (one is about to be approved by the FDA but for confidentiality reasons I can't say what it is) and I have never heard the term. I have heard of angiogenesis, which is associated with tumors. What happens is that as a tumor grows it creates its own network of blood vessels (angiogenesis). There are several compounds being researched which have the potential to block off these blood vessels and thus starve the tumor, but I do not know of any foods that have this capability. Could you be possibly thinking of anti-oxidants?

I have started a walking program (at least 1 mile at least 3 days a week) and hope to see some weight loss from that. I have been at it 2 weeks and have already seen an improvement in my energy level.

Angiogenisis is right, I got the name wrong lol. This science is really new. It literally had just gone up. Look it up on Netflix or Tedspeaks.com. Any foods that contain Vitamin E or other compounds. Almonds, strawberries, Blueberries and spinach were listed as well as most "super foods".

Well, I do not know anybody in my industry who considers Netflix a valid source of information when it comes to scientific matters. I hate to say it, but this guy is gulling you. Yes, there are benefits to eating healthy but what it sounds like is he has taken a scientific term and thrown it around knowing that most people wouldn't have a clue as to what it means and whether he is using it correctly. It sounds impressive and that is why people fall for it.

Like I say, I work in the research industry and we do studies on ANTI-angiogenesis compounds (the ones that PREVENT the blood vessels from forming in the tumors). Whatever studies he is talking about on mice they WERE NOT done where I work and I work at one of the most respected companies in the industry (I believe it is #3 right now). Trust me, if you have cancer you DO NOT want to take or eat anything that causes angiogenesis. If he is saying that these foods promote angiogenesis he is a quack because he either does not know what the term means or he is counting on others not to know what the term means. At any rate I am deeply suspicious of a science that is so new that the leading players in the industry have never heard of it. That is not how science really works.

I am all for eating healthy but I am not in favor of using pseudo-science to promote eating healthy. The fact is that the subject of anti-oxidants, anti-angiogenesis is far more complicated and nuanced than people like him would have you believe. We had a speaker in this afternoon who spoke on the subject of metabolic disease and the role of anti-oxidants in fighting them. The trouble is there is a little thing called the blood-brain barrier that sometimes these wonder compounds can't penetrate on their own and have to be tweaked so that the body can utilize them better. This is not to say that eating healthy doesn't help, but sometimes Mother Nature does need a little assistance. That's where science comes in.

Last edited:
Interesting....

I just eat one healthy meal a day. I am doing fine and the weight loss is good for me. Just as long as I am consistent and don't binge and change my eating habits I am fine. My body will adjust and I will lose some and taper off to a natural weight. I think if truth be told most Americans are over weight eating all the wrong things.

Spinning Compass thanks for all the info. I have not expertise in medical areas and I am not taking any type of diet pills or anything. Best food is natural meat or veggies, not processed. Lots of liquids. It is pretty simple. I avoid all sugars and feel great. Also I am sure the initial weight loss was lots of fluids. Not uncommon when you start something rather drastically and I don't expect it to keep up. I have plenty of body fat no bones showing.

Yes, your initial weight loss was most likely fluid. However, you might want to keep this in mind that eating just one meal a day (if that is what you are doing) is going to be counterproductive in the long run. What you are doing is telling your body that food is scarce/limited and therefore must be conserved! So your metabolism slows down to compensate. Which leads to weight GAIN, not loss. That is why people end up gaining back what they lose and more.

It is actually better to eat several small meals throughout the day if possible. Also make sure your diet is balanced and includes some fat, as fat is a necessary nutrient. The nutritionist who spoke at my workplace stressed that she lost weight by practicing portion control and walking. You need to be aware of how much you are eating and what its caloric value is. I agree that most people are overweight because they eat too much of the wrong things plus they don't exercise. I have started walking at least a mile every other day plus climbing stairs at work and after 2 weeks I haven't seen any weight loss but I do feel I have more energy. In fact, I've started looking for ways to incorporate adding steps into my daily routine.

I am a big proponent of making fresh foods the major part of one's diet but I don't think there is anything wrong with occasionally eating processed food. You might be surprised to know that the FDA has stricter standards regarding food additives than it does for drugs. If it is to go into food (animal or human) it cannot have any side effects. While the FDA will approve a drug knowing that it may cause death in rare instances, because the benefit to society outweighs the risk, it will not approve any food additive that has that potential. Yes, I read labels and yes there are some things I do try to avoid as much as possible, but if it is not possible I don't worry about it.

Well done on the weight loss kg4fxg :)

I can't lose weight by dieting, I have to exercise for hours to lose anything. On my last exercise/weight loss phase I was doing Tae bo & aerobics for 2 hours a day along with 200 situps and was barely losing 2lbs a week (I was sticking to 1200 cals a day as well), it sucked. Then I found dancing to be more fun but again I have to do about 2-3 hours of dancing to get any results.

New Threads

Top Bottom