• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Losing my friends again. This is the third time.

Tony Ramirez

Single forever. Friends?
V.I.P Member
First time was before starting high school. Second time when I came to God and the Church. Left when my friends said they rather hang with couples.

Third time drifting away from God not even believing anymore. Covid ruined it before I was starting to socialize. Then developed a fear of face masks I been going out less.

Then in June things looked hopeful no masks so I was able to go to a few worship nights. That got ruined when surges went up requiring all to wear masks again indoors. Since then I have not attended Church.

Also my close friend who is married I must have offended talking about this as he got annoyed in the chat and does not really reply to my requests again.

Sorry to hear this, Tony. At least you have a clear picture of what's happening. I hope you will explore and find interests that help you get through this difficult time, and engage with others who accept you.

So sorry to hear that. I have had less than a handful of friends throughout my life and eventually they all went on with their lives and we drifted apart.
I am socially isolated and have tried repeatedly to join NT groups both on line and in person and have failed. Couldn't connect. This site is the only place where I have found acceptence.
I will not try to socialize with NTs anymore but will seek out those who are made like me. I would suggest that you see if there are any Christian sites for those on the spectrum. I realize that this is a long shot but it's worth a try. I am still trying to find a site for women who are on the spectrum. Also disclose that you are on the spectrum in your profiles so that others who are looking can use that as a guide for making contact. I realize that there can be a lot of stigma attached to being on the spectrum but people are going to notice that you are different so they might as well know why.
I hope you can get help with your anxiety/phobia issues. You don't have to be imprisoned by them.

It's times like this I wish I never had ASD. Actually ASD has done nothing positive in my life it still is extremely hard to make friends and sometimes harder to keep them.

I am also not that intelligent something ASD have so then its useless.

I have learned that acquaintances are the best I can/want to do and they seem to be enough. They are also somewhat interchangeable, which is helpful.

I have tried churches since I enjoy a rich spiritual life, but religion is all about conformity enforcement. They know little about their religions and seem to reject everything that does not suit them anyway and so are completely unhelpful to my spiritual growth (other than giving me the opportunity to practice patience) and rather uninteresting and small minded. Conformity is not even a goal for me.

I kinda like my own company. I have several deep interests and my little pack of dogs. So much more comfortable than hanging out with judgemental half-wits that just want everyone to be the same.

"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage!" — Aunt Frances (Practical Magic)

It's times like this I wish I never had ASD. Actually ASD has done nothing positive in my life it still is extremely hard to make friends and sometimes harder to keep them.

ASD can be used as a positive, but it's not easy.

You see yourself that you are not intelligent now, but you can always build that up. Ever considered competitive chess or Scrabble as a hobby? What about gardening or taking care of a pet maybe?

To be friends with other(s), you need to be able to bring joy and not be a burden to other people. People can only stand for so much. If I remember correctly, your family struggles to be with you. You need to make changes on your own and that's going to take time.

Maybe start with taking 30 minute walks and go up and down a hill if you can?

If you find any can the link please be posted?

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/calling-all-christians-with-aspergers-syndrome. There are Christains here on the spectrum. It is a place to start.

Best of the Disabled Dating Sites | About Special Bridge Not specific to Christians and is not just about dating despite the title but you can mention it in your profile.

Christian Social Networking Sites | LoveToKnow Start with common ground-being Christian- then add that you are on the spectrum.

Adults - Support Groups & Community Connections Sessions – The Asperger / Autism Network (AANE)

Making friends - a guide for autistic adults (autism.org.uk) This might help you make and keep friends.

(1) Christians with Autism | Facebook
(1) Autistic Christians | Facebook

Faith & Religion - Autism Support Network

I don't want to overwhelm you with information. These sites will give you a start to see what is out there and maybe you will find a place where you feel comfortable and can engage with others with your interests.

I beg to differ. I believe that intelligence depicts where on the spectrum we lie on. So don't put yourself and your intelligence down. You're intelligent because you can function.

New Threads

Top Bottom