• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Losing interest in women

mw2530

I have never been in a serious relationship with a woman despite desiring one for many years. In the past year or so, I feel like I've seem to have lost a lot of that interest and I don't feel the same physical attraction to women as I once did. I am getting older, but am not old by any means. I'm not sure if this is a warning sign to be concerned about regarding my physical health. Or if there is something else to it. For the longest time, not having a relationship has caused tremendous pain. Now it seems like I just don't care or have just become numb to it all.

I do enjoy spending a lot of time alone, and that's when I feel most comfortable. So maybe that has something to do with it. I am very stable financially and do pretty well living independently. Sometimes it can be lonely, but sometimes as an aspie spending time with others is worse depending on how people treat us. Maybe my loss of interest is my way of getting back at women for never really taking an interest in me for many, many years.

Are you experiencing a reduction in libido or just a reduction in attraction/interest in a relationship?

If the former you should see a doctor, there are a variety of medical conditions which can result in a sudden reduction in libido. At least get your testosterone checked.

If the latter then you could just be moving on to a different stage in your life, not everyone is highly motivated to have a relationship and this can change over time. Or you could be depressed.

After my late 20s I gradually lost interest in having a relationship with a woman. Part of it was because I was losing my libido due to excessive weight gain, part of it was just not wanting to play the dating game anymore, since I inevitably lost every time. Over the last couple years I lost a lot of weight and got my libido back, but the way I see it dating has become a minefield full of mines containing plastic explosives and nerve gas. Step on one and you're toast. I don't want to risk everything for a woman. I am better off alone, like that old techno song says.

Difficult to say. If it's libido, then it may be health-related (both physical and mental). If it's relationship-wise, then maybe you just gave up on getting someone - or you're just happy to be on your own. Maybe you found happiness somewhere else? If it's the last one, I don't see anything bad in it.

After my late 20s I gradually lost interest in having a relationship with a woman. Part of it was because I was losing my libido due to excessive weight gain, part of it was just not wanting to play the dating game anymore, since I inevitably lost every time. Over the last couple years I lost a lot of weight and got my libido back, but the way I see it dating has become a minefield full of mines containing plastic explosives and nerve gas. Step on one and you're toast. I don't want to risk everything for a woman. I am better off alone, like that old techno song says.

wow, I think I know exactly what you referenced!

Yep @Rocco, that's it. The good old days of the dot.com boom and me cruising a bustling Silicon Valley in a Corolla, listening to the noon dance mix on Wild 94.9.

I do enjoy spending a lot of time alone, and that's when I feel most comfortable.

You & me both ٩( ´◡` )( ´◡` )۶

The last guy I was with was an immature moron who couldn't handle a unique chick like myself.

I almost fell in love with him too!
But luckily for me, my need for space kept me from falling all the way.

He would tell his friends that I was cold & distant but I think he was just insecure, so it's all good.

I truly enjoy my me time & figure that as soon as I can let go of the idea of being in love, then I can enjoy it even more.

Society tells us since were born that real happiness, contentment & being normal depends on finding love.

I'll love myself first & then if it happens it happens...afterall, you can't make anyone happy if your not happy first ya know.

New Threads

Top Bottom