• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

looking forward very much to hanging around here :)

theporgsnest

Wow, I'm glad I finally made an account - been lurking for a while, you see...
Anyhoo, I'm a 26-year old from south-east England. I was officially diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 10 (although the process began when I was a few years younger, however my family moved and being in a new county, we had to start it over again, get on the waiting list etc...such is life)

It's only really until now that I feel like I need more support. As a child and teenager I was in decent mainstream school with great pastoral care and special needs/asd support. Same with when I was an undergraduate. It's not until now that I feel like something is lacking - but it's hard to know whether that's because things are 'showing up' more glaringly as I enter the expectations of being in my mid-twenties and Adulting (and most of the time feel like I'm a few paces behind my NT family and few friends, emotionally and mentally) OR because I've actually 'regressed' somehow.

So I just got in contact with the local ASD team and am on the way to getting more support. My assessment officer mentioning getting involved in what she called 'my own community' and my first stop was online, naturally.

So yeah, I'm kind of wanting to also being a journey to accepting myself and my diagnosis more too, becoming confident with it. It's something I have an almost daily battle with, if I'm honest.

...okay now the more positive stuff. I've been a creative and artistic person since early on *points to profile pic* mainly animal-related art. My degree was in bioscience with a focus on microbiology as well as genetics so I'm always happy to gas on about science with people. Also a prequel and sequel-trilogy fan, hence the name. I guess you could always nickname me porgy if you wanted lol

Anyway I'm so glad I found this forum :)

Hi theporgsnest :)

welcome to af.png

Hello and welcome. I think many of us do tend to mature slower. I know I did, but was pushed into keeping up with my age group anyway - (not diagnosed until late in life). I don't think I was mature enough to handle some adult things and, therefore, made a lot of mistakes. And, maybe we do all have a little regression with changes in life situations or stressful situations.

Thanks for this thread and glad you decided to join us. :)

Hi, you seem to be doing quite well as far as recognizing and responding to the challenges in autism. Hopefully you will gain some useful insights from discussions with others on the spectrum. I know I did.

I have to admit the Porgnest prequel/sequel and Porgy section totally befuddled me. I knew some fiction world, but what? The Porg? Porgy and Bess? Then I looked it up and the world made sense again. Star Wars. :D

We have artists, Star Wars fans and science-persons here, so it sounds like you will fit right in. ;)

Welcome to Autismforums.com, Porgy.

May you exhaust endless hours roaming the halls of this many level site.

We are thrilled you have become a member. There is always room for more.

We look forward to learning from your experience and insight.

Thank you in advance.

You said to look at your picture as evidence of your art and for like ten seconds, I was thinking, "How is a picture of his dog related to art?"

You. :eek:
Are. :eek::eek:
Amazing. :eek::eek::eek:

I'm glad you're here, too! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom