• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

London After Midnight

Lemon Zing

What people would give to see the full version of this silent horror film from 1927.

The last known copy perished in a fire at MGM in 1965. The only poster produced for the movie was bought by Metallica's guitarist.

Lon Chaney (Sr.) was renowned for his make-up skills. His son Creighton also became an actor, playing the Wolf Man for Universal under the stage name, Lon Chaney Jr., and was in tons of films as well. :)

A reconstructed version uses stills to retell the plot.

I really enjoyed Lon's acting in "The Monster" and "The Phantom of the Opera" (both from 1925).

I'd love to see that movie if anyone ever finds footage enough to rebuild the whole thing. Considering they did rescue Dreyer's Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) then it's not unheard of, but every year the chance of restoration gets slimmer & slimmer.

I don't watch a lot of movies but silent films are special.

Something related, a 1917 photo from the Canadian prairies, a town called Leader in the province of Saskatchewan, and of course the movie theatre... I have been to this town fairly recently and can't find the theatre any more
Found_1028.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom