• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Local HD TV repairs

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

My TV has gone black and white, on both Sky and digital TV.

Both Dad and I have tried everything we know to fix it to no avail.

Does anyone know a good, cheap TV repair place in Sheffield, England who I can ring up and get them to come out and have a look?

I know there's a place on Langsett Road opposite Morrison's, I just Googled their website and they sell aerials and stuff but I don't think they do repairs.

https://www.yell.com/biz/sheffieldtvrepairs-com-sheffield-8599085/
"We have been fixing televisions since 1975 when colour televisions first hit the UK market. Back then, we fixed electronic devices ranging from radios to toasters, to colour televisions.

We are a proud division of Myelectronicstec.com an established South Yorkshire business in industrial electronics.

If you have come to our web site then chances are your TV has stopped working. Don't worry SheffieldTVrepairs.com will have you back online quickly. If you do not have another TV we will loan you one free of charge while we fix yours."

https://www.yell.com/biz/sheffieldtvrepairs-com-sheffield-8599085/
"We have been fixing televisions since 1975 when colour televisions first hit the UK market. Back then, we fixed electronic devices ranging from radios to toasters, to colour televisions.

We are a proud division of Myelectronicstec.com an established South Yorkshire business in industrial electronics.

If you have come to our web site then chances are your TV has stopped working. Don't worry SheffieldTVrepairs.com will have you back online quickly. If you do not have another TV we will loan you one free of charge while we fix yours."

I just rang the company you quoted, they want £59 call out fees before they'll even look at my TV! How about no? Dad hits the roof if I spend more than about 3 quid on anything.

Given that you've posted about such a problem before, in troubleshooting the problem did you consider completely disconnecting your XBox from the tv set and then turn the set back on to see if you had a proper picture again? Loose or damaged connections of any sort can easily cause a loss of color. Even from a completely separate component.

Sometimes in this process of troubleshooting it isn't enough just to check to see if the connection is tight. Best to completely disconnect all devices one at a time to test the set's ability to render color.

Hopefully you have an LCD widescreen tv and not a DLP tv. Right? (DLP sets tend to have issues with their "color wheel". A definite hardware problem.) Also, is there a second, maybe smaller tv set you and your father can bring into your flat to test out the problem?

Best to methodically- and patiently exhaust all possibilities of the problem one-by-one relative to a poor connection rather than to prematurely refer the matter to a very expen$ive repairman.

Last edited:
Given that you've posted about such a problem before, in troubleshooting the problem did you consider completely disconnecting your XBox from the tv set and then turn the set back on to see if you had a proper picture again? Loose or damaged connections of any sort can easily cause a loss of color. Even from a completely separate component.

Sometimes in this process of troubleshooting it isn't enough just to check to see if the connection is tight. Best to completely disconnect all devices one at a time to test the set's ability to render color.

Hopefully you have an LCD widescreen tv and not a DLP tv. Right? (DLP sets tend to have issues with their "color wheel". A definite hardware problem.) Also, is there a second, maybe smaller tv set you and your father can bring into your flat to test out the problem?

Best to methodically- and patiently exhaust all possibilities of the problem one-by-one relative to a poor connection rather than to prematurely refer the matter to a very expen$ive repairman.

We sorted it, while I was on the phone to the guy at Queen's Road, my carer discovered it was a loose wire, I now have full colour HD tv.

I just rang the company you quoted, they want £59 call out fees before they'll even look at my TV! How about no? Dad hits the roof if I spend more than about 3 quid on anything.

When I do a computer repair calls. I too have to charge a service call fee. Even if all I have to do is just plug it in the right way and that fixes the problem in less then a second. I still had to drive all the way out there and back. And that's driving time and gas(petrol) used.

When I do a computer repair calls. I too have to charge a service call fee. Even if all I have to do is just plug it in the right way and that fixes the problem in less then a second. I still had to drive all the way out there and back. And that's driving time and gas(petrol) used.

Well yeah I get that, but £59 in call out fees to come from opposite Morrison's to a Flat that's about 10 minutes away as the Pigeon flies? Bit steep IMO.

Well yeah I get that, but £59 in call out fees to come from opposite Morrison's to a Flat that's about 10 minutes away as the Pigeon flies? Bit steep IMO.
As the pigeon flies?
No wonder our measures are so mismatched!
Here in the U.S., we have an honest to goodness, full-sized crow do the measuring(the Bald Eagle had a prior commitment).
Not a little pigeon.
"As the crow flies."
Instills a sense of authority, finality, in the listener.
(A crow has a wingspan 1.609 times that of a pigeon.)
Pigeon.
Pfffffttt.
:p:p:p

Last edited:
As the pigeon flies?
No wonder our measures are so mismatched!
Here in the U.S., we have an honest to goodness, full-sized crow do the measuring.
Not a little pigeon.
"As the crow flies."
Instills a sense of authority, finality, in the listener.
(A crow has a wingspan 1.609 times that of a pigeon.)
Pigeon.
Pfffffttt.
:p:p:p

New Threads

Top Bottom