1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Aspergers_Aspie, Jun 29, 2020 at 2:20 PM.

1. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

2. Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin Well-Known Member

He was born in Liverpool and achieved international stardom. That'd never happen in a million years.

Ed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I still recall when Lennon openly thought the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.

Caused a minor stir and some album burning, but fans and the Church of England seemed to get over it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 4:36 PM
  4. Nervous Rex

Nervous Rex High-functioning autistic V.I.P Member

It’s especially brilliant when you consider that they had to buy the albums before they could burn them.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Judge

LOL, true dat. I doubt those particular folks were ever really fans. :p

6. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

From searching John Lennon mocks disabled on Google 'Before he was a global icon for peace and tolerance, Beatle John Lennon had a bad boy rep. England's Channel 4 ran a clip during their show It Was Alright in the 1960s depicting the legendary artist mockingly imitating those with learning disabilities while on stage, before an audience of screaming fans.'

7. Judge

John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Pete Best and George Harrison all had that "bad boy" reputation prior to meeting up in late 1961 with future manager Brian Epstein who would transform and polish their public image. Of course Pete Best's days were numbered at that point, as he was replaced by Richard Starkey, who at the time was probably the most professional of all of them as a musician.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020 at 8:09 AM
  8. Federico Fernández

Federico Fernández Member

Let's hope Chapman does not get parole now in August is his next hearing.