• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Live action role-playing gaming

LARPing?

Something tells me you'd be hard-pressed to find many on the spectrum who are into that. That's an EXTREMELY social activity. If you're talking about what I think you're talking about.

I highly doubt there's too much of that going on these days anyway. What with the pandemic.

I like the idea, but it does seem a bit social, and involves a lot of improv, which I'm just awful at. Not to mention keeping track of everyone... I think I'd sooner go for a good old-fashioned turn-based game like D&D.

I did something similar with my pair of friends when I was younger though. But since it was only at most four of us, it was easy to sort of follow along and follow their leads.

So I like the idea of it, and I'm certainly not going to pick on those who participate the way the media tends to, but I'd probably rather watch than actually participate.

ive only know NT to do roleplay.

but that said, ive always tried to convince my old friend for us to do it because

why not?

Back to school: Supporting neuro-divergent students through LARP (BBC World Service podcast)

Could innovative LARP education improve the experience and achievement for all neurodiverse pupils globally?

Neurodivergent students learn, think, and process information differently than their neurotypical peers. Because of this, they often face unique challenges in the school setting. Students may struggle with executive functioning skills, typical social and communication skills and have sensory processing difficulties. As a result, they may be more likely to experience anxiety, depression, and many other mental health crises - resulting in a difficult education in which they won't receive the grades or social experience that they could achieve.

This programme uses the Østerskov Efterskole school in Denmark as a case study to determine whether their revolutionary LARP (Live Action Role Play) teaching techniques could aid the education of every neurodiverse pupil. And if it can, why not implement it globally.

New Threads

Top Bottom