• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Life update and my very first dog

Dillon

Hey everyone just thought I make a friendly post here on how I’m doing and for those new here then I say hey let me tell you a little about my self since it’s been several months being back on here for a single moment that no one probably remembers me (just kidding). Anyway I am just getting through enjoying my winter break doing things such as fishing, drawing( which I have not done in quite some time) and hanging with family but now I am going back down to college (Texas A&M) that is right along the beach of southern Texas so that will be a 6 hour drive for the weekend. Classes start Monday so I’m looking forward to a new semester of being a marine biologist (only this one plus two more semesters and I earn my bachelors). I am still currently helping out in tagging sharks for research so I will be most excited about that. I’ve been thinking of where to work after graduation but anywhere state or federal that’s along my interest of study will be worth it in the long run. Where ever I end up though state or federal I believe will be worth it in the long run.
Now on your something important! recently about a month ago I had just gotten my very own personal puppy who is a 14 week old yellow Labrador retriever. He is a very docile thing with good temperament. He loves to play fetch and knows how to sit stay and come when I tell him to. Lately he’s been helping me through tough situations such a few weeks ago I was really upset after an employee at a petsmart was so rude to me that I went back to my car almost in tears. The dog knew what was going on so he laid on my lap and for some reason I felt better so he’s a been good companion so far even helping me through my stress and depression in fact mostly he’s been improving it where I’m not feeling much negativity at all really.

that’s all I have as far as life goes which is going really great so far. Here is a pic of my dog.
BAB93DA1-9DCD-4221-9781-51D2D0363FD3.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey everyone just thought I make a friendly post here on how I’m doing and for those new here then I say hey let me tell you a little about my self since it’s been several months being back on here for a single moment that no one probably remembers me (just kidding). Anyway I am just getting through enjoying my winter break doing things such as fishing, drawing( which I have not done in quite some time) and hanging with family but now I am going back down to college (Texas A&M) that is right along the beach of southern Texas so that will be a 6 hour drive for the weekend. Classes start Monday so I’m looking forward to a new semester of being a marine biologist (only this one plus two more semesters and I earn my bachelors). I am still currently helping out in tagging sharks for research so I will be most excited about that. I’ve been thinking of where to work after graduation but anywhere state or federal that’s along my interest of study will be worth it in the long run. Where lever I end up though state or federal I believe will be worth it in the long run.
Now on your something important! recently about a month ago I had just gotten my very own personal puppy who is a 14 week old yellow Labrador retriever. He is a very docile thing with good temperament. He loves to play fetch and knows how to sit stay and come when I tell him to. Lately he’s been helping me through tough situations such a few weeks ago I was really upset after an employee at a petsmart was so rude to me that I went back to my car almost in tears. The dog knew what was going on so he laid on my lap and for some reason I felt better so he’s a been good companion so far even helping me through my stress and depression in fact mostly he’s been improving it where I’m not feeling much negativity at all really.

that’s all I have as far as life goes which is going really great so far. Here is a pic of my dog.View attachment 59651

Nice to meet you Dillon. He is a really nice looking dog!

Hey Dillon, glad to hear you’re still enjoying your studies and your research. I like the updates on your progress :)
And that pup is gorgeous!

Sounds like you're still very busy! Your dog looks cute, and seems a good companion already. I hope you have a good semester at college, and enjoy your course, which sounds great. You work very hard, but it must be fascinating.

What’s the puppy’s name? Is that his very own special blanket, or did he just take the liberty of nesting on it after it fell off your bed?

What’s the puppy’s name? Is that his very own special blanket, or did he just take the liberty of nesting on it after it fell off your bed?
His name is Luke and that blanket is his I managed to just go out and buy him one needs something like that instead of laying on cold tile floor.

Well, if he isn't housebroken quite yet, remind him of the force.

Luuuuuuuke! Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke! Use the force! Good dawg! :p

I bet you won't have trouble finding a good job after you graduate. You're in a good field for employment.

I love your puppy. I had a yellow lab who lived to age 12 and he was the best dog I ever owned. I still miss him.

New Threads

Top Bottom