• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Let's Share Cool Gaming Moments!

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Here is me managing to kill a Rathian with a carving knife stab while mounting. That attack does one damage. It's the first time it ever happened to me after about 5 years of playing Monster Hunter.

What are your cool gaming moments. Videos are preffered.

Oh yes, I've got a few. Some things I've pulled off that hardly anyone else can do. Yes, I know, that sounds extremely braggy. When it comes to this genre though, honestly, I feel I've freaking earned the right to brag a bit.

First one is basically one of the hardest things ever, really. A boss rush in a game that's already nigh impossible, but it takes the bosses and makes them even more ridiculous. Even the developers of the game have said that they think this mode is literally impossible (of course, there are a couple of people that have beaten it). One of the hardest things in a genre that most gamers consider utterly inaccessible. I dont even want to think about how much practice it took to do this. I've gotten better since then though. Ignore boss #1, I simply abuse the heck outta some I-frames to kill it instantly. Boss #4 is where it starts to get really wild.

Next: A "test fight" against another mega-boss. The first form is freaking hard enough. But the second form... typically in gaming I rely on my advantage of sheer mental processing speed to overcome things (which is why I tend to suuuuuuck in competitive games where speed is beaten by tactics, like FPS games, as the speed is all I have). The 2nd form of this boss is one of the only things in gaming that's too fast even for me. NOBODY can dodge that stuff. You have to abuse the heck outta the game's mechanics with utterly perfect timing to even stand a ghost of a chance. I dont have that level of mastery in this game, but beating the first form is quite a feat alone, and just showing off a bit of the 2nd is exciting:

Next one is special for one reason. I've mentioned often that I've done some game development. But with no prior experience and college having been useless, how did I get a contract to do that? Simple: This video. That's all it took. Specifically, the first attack the boss uses. I'd shown this on a forum connected to a developer I'm a big fan of (Arcen Games), and that moment in that video got me the contract offer by itself. They wanted bullet-hell elements in their upcoming games, but couldnt do that design element themselves, and needed someone who could do it. By their logic, anyone capable of doing THAT could pull off the design work.

Also something that I didnt actually realize when recording this one was that the game actually wasnt running properly. There's supposed to be slowdown, during the most chaotic elements; that happens in the arcade versions of these games, and the console versions do their best to replicate that (so that it's accurate and fair, and typically bullet hell games are designed/balanced to account for the slowdown). But this was a rom that I hadnt set up right. So... no slowdown. An already crazy hard stage/boss was even harder and somehow I genuinely didnt actually notice.

There, that's enough showing off for now. Yes, I enjoy doing that. Again, after 1000s of hours of practice, I can do it if I want.

Besides, I make up for that bit of bragging by utterly embarrassing myself in FPS games. You dont want me on your team in one of those. Ever. Unless you WANT to suffer a hideous defeat due to my possibly negative amount of skill.

i don't have one,but i do have a crazy gaming moment.there is this game called farcry 4 where you can throw an item called bait.once it's been thrown,be somewhere else.

If you wait 10-15 minutes at the beginning dinner table scene in Farcry 4 - the game ends. Pagan Min returns, takes you to place your mother's ashes in some kind of shrine and then there's a short end game cut scene.

Ed

I discovered the holy water trick on my own a bit for Castlevania I, but this guy does it a lot better than I did. He did it in spots for all bosses except for the 1st Dracula, where you need good positioning and maneuvering. I used it on level one by the door before level 2, and then could get like 7 lives total before time ran out and I had to restart part of the level again.

In Deus Ex I was planning on using a lockpick to open a lock to grab an item but a guard showed up so I had to hide.

I then shot the guard in the head, causing it to explode. The explosion opened the thing I was gonna unlock which meant I killed 2 birds with one stone.

In Deus Ex I was planning on using a lockpick to open a lock to grab an item but a guard showed up so I had to hide.

I then shot the guard in the head, causing it to explode. The explosion opened the thing I was gonna unlock which meant I killed 2 birds with one stone.

i think i did something like that on the PS2 version.

New Threads

Top Bottom