• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lets create a theme song ♫

Ginseng

Christian
V.I.P Member
Good morning Autista peeps. I find myself looking once again on this cold dreary morning for the perfect Autistic song. One we can all connect with. Could their be such a song? Do you know of one? Does anyone want to get together with me to try and write one? I think we need a theme song. I can only try to come up with the words. I can’t play an instrument.

I really like, I am a rock I am an island . But he looses us several places. The song kinda reminds me of a child closing their eyes and pretending the world had gone away. Don’t we all have memories of that? I wonder if NT’s have those memories.

“If I never would have loved. I never would have have cried.”
Not true, we cry because we long for love. We cry because of our aloneness.

“I have no need of friendship.”
Most of us would say that is not true. We need people and we don’t want to go it alone. We just don’t know how. It seems there is no room for us in NT land. We constantly make blunders that they find inexcusable and oftentimes they don’t even tell us what our blunder was. I guess we aren’t even worth the bother to some of them.

I don’t want our theme song to be a crying in your beer song, but a funny, happy, cool song like Simon and Garfunkel’s song “I am a Rock.”
Anyone with me? If y’all aren’t interested then I won’t proceed. But I think it could be fun.

:)o_O:):):)

My first thought was "Here we come, walking down the street. Get the funniest looks from everyone we meet." :)

I stopped there because we're not the Monkees. lol We need to replace the word monkees.

"Aspies" is also a 2 syllable word.

But not every person on spectrum is "aspie."

From the point of view of my cats, I believe I'd be identified
as a monkey-thing. Cats appreciate the efforts of the human/hooman/monkey thing.
They like to be petted with the monkey finger-stick things.

I like it Pat. It does sound like us...

But why can’t we be more like this?

But hey, I’m a dreamer.
Oh, now I'm sad. That's my traveling song and it makes me wanna go. And the motorcylces traveling across country was my dream when I was young.

That's a 3 syllable word.
Harder to work with.

Easier to fit a two syllable word in.
Maybe "autie.".....

If that word appeals to you.
------------------------------------

"Aspies" is also a 2 syllable word.

But not every person on spectrum is "aspie."

From the point of view of my cats, I believe I'd be identified
as a monkey-thing. Cats appreciate the efforts of the human/hooman/monkey thing.
They like to be petted with the monkey finger-stick things.
That's a 3 syllable word.
Harder to work with.

Easier to fit a two syllable word in.
Maybe "autie.".....

If that word appeals to you.
------------------------------------
what if we change more?
Hey hey we're just different
Different as night and day
We're just tryin to fit in here
But end up in the way.

okay but I would rather use the tune of I am a Rock by Simon and Garfunkle than the Monkeys... But hey. That's just me. Whatever works best for the Auties. ;) Can you try the Simon and Garfunkle tune? Or do y'all think the Monkeys is best? I can go either way.

Thinking out loud....

I have my internet, my book, my special interests, hiding in my room. I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am alone, looking out my window at the people down below. I am a rock. I am an island.

I built walls. a fortress deep and wide that none may penetrate. I need friendship even with the pain, but I am a rock. I am an island.

Lets talk of love. I have heard this word. What does it mean? How do you obtain it? Can I find love on my island. This rock feels pain and this island cries.

Its laughter and loving make me wonder... where am I on this spectrum?
Auties love care deeply... looking out our windows at the laughter down below, but to join in seems to cause pain for everyone. Is it love to refrain? Is it selfish to attempt to join in?
I am alone. I am a rock. I am an Island. but this rock feels pain and this island cries.

I can't get away from the beer drinking crying in your beer type of song. I need something positive. I know there are lots. Any ideas to get out of this funk?

Last edited:
I am not familiar but will try to check it out. I added to my last post so be sure to check it out. thanks

lyrics
The Boxer
Simon & Garfunkel
I am just a poor boy
Though my story's seldom told
I have squandered my resistance
For a pocket full of mumbles, such are promises
All lies and jests
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

When I left my home and my family
I was no more than a boy
In the company of strangers
In the quiet of the railway station
Running scared,
Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters
Where the ragged people go
Looking for the places
Only they would know

Lie la lie, lie la la la lie lie
Lie la lie, lie la la la la lie la la lie

Asking only workman's wages
I come looking for a job
But I get no offers
Just a come-on from the whores
On Seventh Avenue
I do declare
There were times when I was so lonesome
I took some comfort there, le le le le le le le

Lie la lie, lie la la la lie lie
Lie la lie, lie la la la la lie la la lie

Then I'm laying out my winter clothes
And wishing I was gone
Going home
Where the New York City winters
Aren't bleeding me
Leading me
Going home

In the clearing stands a boxer
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of ev'ry glove that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains, mmm mmm

I don't really like that for our theme song. Too depressing. I was hoping we could have something that has something positive in it.

I don't really like that for our theme song. Too depressing. I was hoping we could have something that has something positive in it.
To me it does - it says all we've gone through - but we're the boxer and the fighter still remains, even after all the scars and lies we keep fighting.

We can add the words you especially like to this. We are stronger than we realize. We are fighters and boxers for sure. We keep getting up anyway. Put a string of words together you especially like and post them. Some musically inclined person will sing it with their guitar. or maybe we can for a band and sing it. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom