• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Let Me Hear You Sing

Beverly

Euthanasia Redux
V.I.P Member
This is something I do with my band when we need a new song and no one has any idea what the lyrics should be. We do it vocally of course, but it works typing too and, I think it will be a fun and interesting game here.

I'll start with the first line of the first verse, the next person posts the next line until the verse has 5 lines, then, we begin on the chorus for three lines, then another five line verse until we have five full verses. When it's done, we give the song a title, and start a new song.

Verse 1, Line One:
Black night in the rain (cry "rain") - that means put your hear into it, lots of emotion in your voice.

V1, line 2:
Is it speaking my name (maybe name could have the same emotion as "rain" in the first line)

I'll have to try writing like that. I usually start with either a cool title in mind, or a chorus. I have a few choruses just sitting around as I might get writer's block when thinking about verses. Other songs I have just write themselves naturally (like the one I sent you, Beverly.)

Black night in the rain
Is it speaking my name
Calling me into the darkness and pain
After this, will I ever be the same?
Can it, will it, become the old shame. (V1 line 5)

Okay, that's great, now we need the chorus (refrain) That's just three lines.

Wow, I've found a whole forum full of songwriters. This really is great, I'm already hearing Mark Cottrell performing it, this is his style of lyrics. Only four more verses to go. Lets hear what you guys have. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom