1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Legal Issues & COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by GadAbout, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Yes.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No.

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  3. Other.

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sherlock77

Sherlock77 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

There has been discussion of this here in Canada, more in the private industry... One major concert promoter (shut down of course) has suggested that only people with a vaccine get access to their concerts when they start operations again... Relating to the concern about people being in large groups, think perhaps sports as well...

The trouble with that line of reasoning, is that most people won't be getting immunized until the last stages of vaccine... Myself, in my 40's and in good overall health, I will likely be the last person to be eligible for vaccine... And anyway, science also says that not everyone has to be vaccinated for a herd immunity, just like not everyone needs to get the yearly flu vaccine...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sherlock77

I've been debating the last couple of weekends... We have fairly active ant-mask/anti-lockdown rallies here - I know we aren't the only place having them... I don't agree with most of what they say, but have been curiously observing them...

One of them I photographed a lot while wearing a mask, using zoom lens, etc... Since that one I have observed briefly from more of the sidelines for a couple of weekends, always wearing a mask when too close... Again I'm just curious...

Now that Alberta has passed rules around gatherings, and officials are starting to fine people, I've heard one story (not confirmed) of a bystander getting a fine of $1,200 for being perhaps too close.. Although I'm pretty sure the police know me and know I'm not one of the protestors, for one thing I'm wearing a mask, the wrong officer could give me that expensive ticket...

My motivation again? Curiosity, and maybe another interesting photo or two, as an amateur photographer with interest in documentary, which I think this is... These groups will keep coming back every weekend, but I'm wondering if it's time to just stay away now, perhaps for the obvious reason of potential exposure, or also a risk of getting an expensive ticket I can't really afford... I also think part of it is because my whole year has been incredibly boring, hardly any events to attend, which I have traditionally done lots of in the past...

4. Aspergers_Aspie

And isn't it contradiction when governments ie UK's and Sweden's have different stances on face masks?

5. Sherlock77

Because each country is sovereign with different leaders, etc... They each determine their own policy around masks and other measures...

6. Aspergers_Aspie

Was it appropriate Bruno Fernandes placed his thumb in his mouth during times Of covid after scoring today?

7. Aspergers_Aspie

ATMs - Social Distancing

All other ATMs in Edinburgh, UK, that I've seen, if there are three or four in a row will have the middle ones out of use due to social distancing. Not the case today at an Edinburgh ASDA. While I was using one, two other people began using ATMs, one at the other end, but a middle one too. I am going to find-out if ASDA are breaking the law.

8. Aspergers_Aspie

9. Aspergers_Aspie

IMG_20210105_140303.jpg

It's a farce that not all countries have the same rules on precautions in place

10. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

Travel Restrictions Covid 19, Updated 14:47, Jan 6, 2021 | Trip.com
    The link above provides information regarding entry requirements for countries around the world.
    Headings include: Asia, Europe, Oceana, North America, South America, and Africa.

"Japan will further tighten its border controls from Saturday by requiring all people arriving to submit negative results from virus tests taken within 72 hours of their departure for Japan during the period of the latest state of emergency."
    Japan to require all people entering country to submit COVID-19 test

"Test results should state any/all of the following:

• Negative,
    • Sars-CoV-2-RNA Not Detected, and/or
    • SARS-CoV2 Antigen Not Detected.
    Test results and the Attestation are required prior to boarding and must be shown to your airline."
    COVID-19 Information | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in the United Kingdom

11. Aspergers_Aspie

'Morally wrong' to keep playing - Bruce

I agree!

TLDR
    " 'Financially it's right to play on, but for me, morally, it's probably wrong,' said Bruce.

'I understand people want to see a game of football but we are just as vulnerable as everybody else.

'The speed which it hit our club within hours of each other, it was quite incredible how it rips through you. It's difficult to contain and stop and it leaves people sick.'

Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles contracted Covid-19 but could return to face Arsenal in the FA Cup on Saturday, though winger Allan Saint-Maximin has still not recovered from the virus."

12. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member

Nevada just rolled out a new plan, emphasizing "lanes" rather than "tiers" of those who will be eligible to be vaccinated. In theory this may enable me to be part of a second rather than a third tier in one of two lanes. That it may get me vaccinated sooner than expected. But how long that may still be is anyone's guess. :confused:

Meanwhile we watch as so many are just dropping like flies. And that a few (like our governor) weathered this virus like a mild cold.

My cousin and I elected to spend Christmas together, despite the risks. Looks like we dodged that bullet, but are still being very careful about being out in public and as little as possible. I just hope we both can make it to that point when we are vaccinated and can put all this behind us once and for all.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mary Terry

Mary Terry Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Our governor just opened up vaccinations for everyone 65 years and older so husband and I can get vaccinated as soon as our state gets more vaccine supplies. We have used up all the vaccines distributed to the state for hospital workers and people over age 75. It looks like it will be mid-February before we can get the shots. As soon as we are vaccinated, we will hug our children and grandchildren and get on an airplane and go somewhere fun!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Aspergers_Aspie

15. Aspergers_Aspie

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  16. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member

If often wonder had Patrick Henry might still be proclaiming "Give me liberty, or give me death" had he been in the midst of an overwhelming pandemic rather than a bunch of hostile redcoats.

Where inevitably one's individual civil rights must temporarily give way to a collective attempt to contain and eventually eliminate a potentially deadly virus. Certainly a more civil approach than for the masses to shrug their shoulders like Social Darwinists and rely only on the "survival of the fittest" to solve the problem.

18. Aspergers_Aspie

Players hugging in England in soccer is rightly being investigated and discussed. But in snooker, two players shook hands and tapped each other's shoulders in a 'hug-like' gesture. A BBC commentator even said 'No social distancing, he deserved those congratulations'