• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lazy vs autism

Im not sure what parts of myself to beloeve anymore. My lofe is falling apart and i dont know if ive just taken the piss. Im finding it hard to accept its ok to be at home and not and be myself. I cant gauge whats normal levels of functioning and whats ñot and id i really am just accustomed to idleness or facing eeal issues. Ty

I do what wherever life places me. I am extremely hard worker, but right now life isn't great, l can't work for reasons l won't discuss here. So l am making the best of staying home. My life has way less chaos, and l am grateful for this. I only have more credit card to pay off. It's better then driving with Florida drivers and getting to an accident, less wear on my car. Sometimes staying at home is okay. You can change your mind at anytime.

Last edited:
Thats point i dont want too....im done with if i can do it but seeing lofe as i javee i need to know being aweet and looked after is ok...i cant pretend im a man im not

Im not sure what parts of myself to beloeve anymore. My lofe is falling apart and i dont know if ive just taken the piss. Im finding it hard to accept its ok to be at home and not and be myself. I cant gauge whats normal levels of functioning and whats ñot and id i really am just accustomed to idleness or facing eeal issues. Ty

Might be difficult to state a "normal level of functioning" as each individual is completely different.

If you need a break, not considered lazy, is considered self care.
A chance to process and catch your breath.

Over an extended period of time (weeks/months) may be worth looking into as maybe something else going on there other than self care.

Yep. Deepest thoughts and when I considered myself as a person was due to PDA... I would start doing anything until realising that I don't want or can't do that. Even with things that are normally accepted as "pleasure". You start thinking it's right and as soon as You feel opposite. Demand was killing my inside and outside so best approach not to feel guilty and only one... Was to don't give a fu... And just do what you like at the moment... It's still causing issues etc but... I'm alive! I breathe. Well...

Thats point i dont want too....im done with if i can do it but seeing lofe as i javee i need to know being aweet and looked after is ok...i cant pretend im a man im not
The standards of being a man have changed. A lot of men can't find good paying jobs, and being able to be a man, has turned into couples who are lucky if one if them has a well paying job and a apartment that has reasonable rent. Even having two children is financially out of the scope of more lower income families.

Perhaps you are holding yourself up to standards that don't exist much. Just be thankful for what you have now.

Last edited:
What is causing me no end of mental issue is that im pretty much an uneducated hasbin...its like if i could game and be with id all time and be happy i would but feel disconnected from reality....for a long time it was this...no need to grow...but society seemingly hates non productives...so i hide

The standards of being a man have changed. A lot of men can't find good paying jobs, and being able to be a man, as turned into couples who are lucky if one if them has a well paying job and a apartment that has reasonable rent. Even having two children is financially out of the scope of more lower income families.

Perhaps you are holding yourself up to standards that don't exist much. Just be thankful for what you have now.
Living in society = demand
Simple equation
I say.... F.... Them all and live Your life. Otherwise it's endless anxiety.
Whatever You do it's the best to Your ability.
You mentioned looking after Your child in one of the posts... It's more than lot of people can do. Enjoy being able to do that! Peace...

What is causing me no end of mental issue is that im pretty much an uneducated hasbin...its like if i could game and be with id all time and be happy i would but feel disconnected from reality....for a long time it was this...no need to grow...but society seemingly hates non productives...so i hide
Just be the best dad, and the best gamer, and treat your significant other with respect.

I know what you mean. I wish there was a functionality level for us, like skill levels at video games

I will sit in the cold for an hour or even longer just because i don't want to get up and turn on the heater, thats how lazy i am.

Ive becomeso disconnected ive loved a life tget it too wromg and your acrewed....love means nothing
Love is everything! You need to and will find something to love (eventually)Be good parent and Make sure You pass it onto Your kid;) Peace

Im starting to wonder what and who i am because ii aeem unable to accept this isnt made up. Is it normal for someone with autism to fight so hard to npt work or deal with anything really. I feel like my whole life is meased up and i dont want to accpt what ivw done

New Threads

Top Bottom