• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lately all my dreams are bad and work related...

AngelWings17

It seems like the only dreams that I really remember as of late is bad dreams. And recently they're almost all work related.

Take a dream I had a few months ago, for example:
My current job fired me for some strange reason, and I had to go back to my old job. I told my coworkers that unless it was directly related to the job, or I initiate it, to not talk to me.

And then the dream I had last night:
It was packed in the store so I came in early and opened up on an express register to help alleviate some of the crowd. At some point, while I was up there, there was a jar that broke and the contents spilled out, so I had to page Maintenance to come clean it up. Unfortunately, something that I'm always afraid will happen when I page did happen. I stuttered. there were these extremely rude customers that not only took over my station while I was helping another customer, something they're not allowed to do. Not only that but when I stuttered they started to make fun of me and it only got worse when I tried to explain why I stuttered. And the worst part is, no one did anything about those customers.

What could all this mean?

I'm going to guess you're stressed about something (it may not have anything to do with work mind you), and it's getting expressed through your dreams.

For example, when I'm stressed I have dreams I'm in school (when I was younger it was high school, older now so it's usually college) and it's the end of the year. And I realize I either didn't sign up for a class I HAD to have to graduate or completely forgot to go to a class I needed. I may have missed a class or assignment when I was actually in school, but never an entire class.

So don't think of your dreams as some sort of prediction of things going to happen at work. But do know they are trying to tell you something is bothering you.

When I have an important test, or a first day at a new job, or when the job isn't going too well, I have recurring dreams about missing the test/work day, or frantic attempts at getting there on time that fail hilariously. I often have these dreams 4-5 times a night. It's annoying, but I've gotten used to it.

Dreaming is when our subconsciouses penatrate our consciouses.

So, basically, being told by one job that you are no longer required and having to go back to your other one ( which is usually very unusual) and well, being blunt about what you demand, has all played heavily on your subconsicous and thus, you dream a heightened version of the reality.

Dreaming is when our subconsciouses penatrate our consciouses.

So, basically, being told by one job that you are no longer required and having to go back to your other one ( which is usually very unusual) and well, being blunt about what you demand, has all played heavily on your subconsicous and thus, you dream a heightened version of the reality.

I don't know what you're trying to say. I never had to go back to my old job?

Sounds perhaps like you're worried about social dynamics in general. Though they usually count the most in the workplace.

A valid and big concern for most anyone on the spectrum of autism.

My bad dreams usually focus on a theme of fear of failure. Usually a classroom situation where I'm late or didn't study for an exam. Even though I was relatively successful academically speaking. Go figure.

I worry enough consciously every day. Yet my subconscious doesn't let me off the hook either. :eek:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom