• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last thing you won?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Me? I won £10 on a National Lottery Euro Millions ticket on Tuesday.

How about you lot? Have you won anything lately?

Just a Dollar on a Lottery Ticket from about a month or so ago, nothing too exciting

A thousand dollar gift card.

It was from a drawing in the paper.
While I was filling out the form, I thought....
'this would come in very handy in February.'

I saw it in my head, clearly.
Having it.

Didn't have to buy any tickets, or solve any
puzzles or anything like that. Just send in
your name and address.

Some cinnamon bark, peppercorns and a hand grinder for spices.

All because I wrote several reviews for an online purchase of items.

51PrgneS2ML.jpg

I won an entire $9.00 CDN ($6.00, if you subtract my entry fee) by winning a small pool tournament last night. Really my partner won it, I managed to not throw it away. I'm on a diet for IBS at the moment, so I can't drink beer and actually walked out with more money than I walked in with. And had fun.

I won $20 at a "nerd trivia" which consisted of historical and geographical topics at a local bar. I completely bombed on the pop culture trivia (I don't watch TV, or listen to the top 100's), but I'm absolutely fine with that.

A hand carved agate angel pendant necklace from a rock shop in Tarpon Springs. Doorprize.

I took my dog outside, on his leash in the backyard, in the dark last night without shoes/socks without really thinking about it. I didnt step in any landmines. That's a lottery win right there if you ask me.

When I was a child I won a toy in a fancy dress competition. Then I entered a drawing competition in secret (I didn't tell anyone about it) when I was about 14 and got a runner-up prize, a wall map which I loved.

A Neals Yard gift set at a tombola: rose & geranium shower gel and body lotion. Very handy considering I won it just before going away for a minibreak - saved me having to decant shower gel.

I won a doll of Gingy, the gingerbread man from the Shrek movies, after playing a game where I popped balloons with darts. But like most carnival toys, it was pretty lame. When I got home I took the handful of scratchy stuffing out of Gingy, turned him inside-out, double-stitched him so his weak thread seams wouldn't burst open, and then I re-stuffed him with the high-quality stuffing I used for my crafts. and he looked a bit better. And I was careful of his gumdrop button.:)

When I was about 8, I won a Raffle at school and won a copy of George's Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl.

A basket of Movie Candy and Popcorn at a benefit dinner at my wife's Special Ed Academy.

At a raffle earlier this month I won a scented candle and a print by a local artist. More importantly, I managed to find a recipient for my contribution to the raffle: a so-called "winter driving kit" consisting of a handwarmer, an ice-scraper mitt and a torch inside a high-vis duffle bag. This was a freebie from my previous employer.

Hmm.. I don't play any lotteries or anything. A few years ago I won the Criminology Masters prize for outstanding achievement in the field for that University year. I received a prepaid card for a bookstore.

I think any lottery is a big soap-bubble created as one more way how to fool ordinary people:confused: My grandma plays a lot and never wins, it is so pity to observe it.. But I give her money every week. I have found a reliable way of earning money and can spend any sum on her. I have been trading for a couple of years already and deal only with some trustworthy brokers (mine is FxOpen FxOpen review and ratings) I work hard and believe where there's muck there's brass.

New Threads

Top Bottom