1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last Book You Read/Next Book You Want to Read?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Questella, May 12, 2017.

1. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

The endtime prophecies of Ezekiel ,then the cooks practical bread machine handbook by Jenny Shapter ,don't have a bread machine yet ,know which one I'll buy when I've got spare money.
    Still waiting Hasidic tales of the holocaust

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  2. Pieceofmind

Pieceofmind Member

Just finished after far too long of a time Fight Your Own War: Power Electronics and Noise Culture

Lots of information from the very beginnings of it all to now and a lot of in depths looks at various niches in it and views on it sort of presented in a zine like manner. Broken up into a bunch of section I suppose you can read in any order.

The text was really small and packed together in this one so it was harder to read and I'm trying to read more even though reading is extremely difficult for me. Many months of Lions Mane treatment down I know am excited to have found the ability to and try to every day now bit by bit to help fluidly integrate it into my life. I able to read more and more every day now while remaining more functional because I noticed before when I would read after a while I would get very slow and mentally unstable if I did too much which is no longer happening as easily. Like I'll become fixated on the text but after my mind isn't able to switch out of that isolated mode of function if that makes sense and immediately move on to some other sensory experience. I've never heard of anyone else with the issue so it's obviously either very rare or to embarrassing with those that have whatever to call this condition to talk about in fears of being called stupid or crazy.

Anyhow next up and currently reading is Grudge For Life: A Book About Ramleh by Richard Johnson. Which so far appears to be a series of interviews with someone from the group and other commentary. Limited to 500 copies too so probably soon be a very rare text. No idea if the author did anything else but I like to focus on a single text at a time.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. watersprite

watersprite inadvertent vagabond V.I.P Member

a few in the mix as usual:

I’m finishing up
    Behave, by Robert Sapolsky
    for relaxation:
    The Long Call, by Ann Cleeves
    plus a bunch of her other books

and in the line-up for next non-fiction is The Age of Disruption, by Bernard Stiegler and
    Fear, by Thich Nhat Hanh

4. balsabonbon

balsabonbon Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

5. Trophonius

Trophonius Well-Known Member

I finished Pet Semetary. I didn't like it. I found it to be boring, and King prose isn't my cup of tea either. I also read Write to Market, it's writing advice to write a book that sells; nothing insightful I found.

Now I'm reading the last 100 pages of Catch-22. After I'm done I really have to continue to work my journey through Ulysses, which I've read up to chapter 7.

6. watersprite

watersprite inadvertent vagabond V.I.P Member

For quite a long time now I’ve let my reaing be unorganized. I’m unsure if it’s the right way, might go back to the rule: 1 non-fiction and 1 fiction before moving on to new books.
    Fiction books are the Vera Series from Ann Cleeves and the DI Smith Series by Peter Grainger.

BB600590-58F2-4AF6-AF7B-EF8F66550ABC.jpeg

7. balsabonbon

Just finished Marge Piercy’s A Crooked Inheritance: Poems.

8. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

A transcript of the Blake mysteries ghost stories

9. Aeolienne

Aeolienne Well-Known Member

10. balsabonbon

Finished: Marge Piercy's On the Way Out, Turn Off the Light
    Started: Marge Piercy's Hunger Moon (Selected Poems)