• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lashing out - why so passionate ?

Keigan

Restless Mind
V.I.P Member
As a generalization, why do people become so passionate while lashing out at others?

It is so destructive.

Why? I think the simplest explanation is simply a lack of control and/or a consideration of context. Where manifestations of real anger can be anything between annoyance and rage. With the real concern IMO being those who can't seem to discern the difference between annoyance and rage.

And yes, long-term anger itself can be horribly damaging physiologically speaking. Particularly to one who has any kind of cardiac condition.

I get very passionate when upset, because once I've reached a certain level of agitation I find myself unable to express myself verbally the way I want to. I usually try to disengage and retreat at this point, but when pressed further it's like a dam bursts and I will either start cursing and shouting (very rare) or start crying and hyperventilating uncontrollably until every muscle fibre in my body hurts (more common).
Which is sort of a drawn-out way of saying I lash out passionately because I occasionally lack the means to express my feelings in a controlled fashion. Even though I'm usually a very composed person.

Bottled-up feelings finally get let loose all at once would be my guess. That's why it's better to say what's on your mind, talk about what you're feeling, as it comes.

I agree:

- lack of control
- lack of accountability
- lack of consequences

Yes, this. The way I figure, you can pretty much be as much of a dick as you want to be and because of a legalistic culture you can't get your ass beat for it, so of course it'll run rampant. There is a line, but the bar is pretty high.

I can relate to what @Bolletje says. When I get upset over something, I can't control myself or express myself properly. I scream, cry, hit myself, etc. I think it has to do with autism. Thankfully, it hasn't been happening so much now that I'm not in social situations as much. :) And like someone else said, I do have trouble differentiating minor irritation from rage. Like, one time a certain thing might mildly irritate me, but another time it might cause me to have a full-scale meltdown.

As a generalization, why do people become so passionate while lashing out at others?

It is so destructive.
Because they want to be abusive and take it out on someone, like a punching bag. I don't think it's possible to gently lash out at someone :)

I may sound odd here, but there are many medications in the water now. There are meds people take, metals we eat, chemicals we are exposed to, GMOs and all sorts of things. No one knows what these do to us. No one. People have gone mad. I am mad, too.

I've had stories related to me about people getting exactly what they want through an exhibition of intense displeasure (initially) leading to threats and anger.

So yes it's destructive but it's also rewarding.
Not many employees of a specific, popular fast food restaurant know how to deal with that dissatisfied customer who; cleverly and cunningly, will cause a complete scene in order to get what they set out to achieve. (Usually money/refund)

Order big meal, eat most of big meal, return left overs to counter and forcefully demand a refund due to dissatisfaction. (Free meal right?)

The sixteen year old working part time whilst studying for academic qualifications has no idea how to handle the aggressive insistence of a thirty year old adult who is becoming more frustrated and personally insulting because he knowingly set out to eat for free and is being challenged (due to company policy)

So he becomes aggressive and threatening in order to achieve his goal - not many will stand resolute in the face of an aggressive and abusive adult male (or female)
Nor should they have to.

What happens?
He gets his money back by bullying and frightening the staff.
Goal achieved and rewarded.

I may sound odd here, but there are many medications in the water now. There are meds people take, metals we eat, chemicals we are exposed to, GMOs and all sorts of things. No one knows what these do to us. No one. People have gone mad. I am mad, too.

You don't have to be mad to post here but it helps :)

Maybe similar to the guy who put lead in petrol (also did CFCs when he he switched jobs) but thing they havent found out or not care enough to do anything about it.

New Threads

Top Bottom