• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Laser Cutting

Aleksandar

I was started a business about laser engraving and cutting and enjoy in it, even I don't have income yet. This is wooden pendant.

Attachments

• 2018-05-14-115027.jpg
    2018-05-14-115027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 0
I've seen this sort of work here in Nevada at arts and crafts shows.

A unique and creative way for an Aspie to make a living if you so choose. Well done. :cool:

Last edited:
Ohh I love that! It does sound like a great way to make a living and make things that are unique. Isn't it very expensive to get into though?
I would like to hear more about it like what kinds of things you can make, what materials can be cut or engraved? I didn't even know that three dimensional objects can be made this way! :eek:
I think I have only seen two dimensional things like disc brake rotors that are laser cut. I remember ordering a pair from Hope Technologies and they misspelled the words I wanted! :confused:

I agree with @Judge about it being a unique way to make a living. There's a market for custom work like that. I honestly didn't know you could laser cut wood. That is really cool!!!

Yeah, it's like having a router on steroids. Even that's an understatement. :cool:

I just recall my cousin and I having a long conversation with one of the artists who does this at one of our many events here in town that draw talented artists and craftsmen. It was the first time we had ever seen such work and were really wowed by it.

Nice to see the technology coming down in price though. Great and creative way to be your own boss, people. ;)

Last edited:
That's a good looking pendant, doesn't even need paint, the burned edges give it enough character.
Have you tried using metal on your rig?

At work we have both a laser table and a waterjet table. The things you can do is limitless. You should be able to make money at it.

Here's what I made on our laser table. A custom stainless steel grille plate for my pellet stove, incorporating the Ashley brand flame logo. Much less restrictive than the stock grille too.

Grille.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom