• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Landmark case re autism & employment in UK

Thank you so much for this info @Autistamatic.

My most recent access to work report has lots of recommendations, some of which are around sensory issues I experience in an open plan office. None of the recommendations have been implemented by management - 4 month delay and counting. The delay is unreasonable and the matter is in the process of being escalated.

I will copy the link to my trade union representative for info.

Seems like another classic example of why it's better to be autistic or disabled in Britain than in the United States. Where the legal system has a more elevated and sympathetic understanding of the plights of people, particularly in the workplace.

Though it's also a reminder for those of us in this forum to preface what country we are from before soliciting for advice that involves such legal considerations. Where policy and courses of action can differ greatly depending on where one resides.

Last edited:
Seems like another classic example of why it's better to be autistic or disabled in Britain than in the United States. Where the legal system has a more elevated and sympathetic understanding of the plights of people, particularly in the workplace.

Though it's also a reminder for those of us in this forum to preface what country we are from before soliciting for advice that involves such legal considerations. Where policy and courses of action can differ greatly depending on where one resides.
yes but remember like all countries money is king if a company has enough money they won't want to implement changes they will waste money on solicitors to do that

If you are autistic and employed in the UK - this case is of interest to you. It sets a precedent which will be of benefit to anyone with unmet accommodations, especially those with sensory needs.

Analyst with autism wins discrimination claim after being ‘overwhelmed’ by office environment
just reading an article in the lawgazette.co.uk ,where a solicitor from Wiltshire law centre was basically asked by the legal aid board if her clients ( Who are autistic )were intelligent enough to represent their self ( to a degree )in a housing case this is what concerns me about this ruling !,if a person has to go to court again trying to get it implemented and needs legal aid are the legal aid board going to discriminate again!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom