• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Knitting a small sweater

QuiteOdd

I’ve been working on this little sweater for a stuff animal. The written pattern is kind of hard to understand, so I’ve had to undo certain parts and remake them. But all of the main pieces are done now!
I love the cable work. I’ve never done this much cable work in one project.

Attachments

• 3FAF837B-AB7D-4B64-94EF-3A31D170BB4F.jpeg
    3FAF837B-AB7D-4B64-94EF-3A31D170BB4F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 250
  • 1085F941-A0CF-42C0-8B58-D32ED5E3A5B6.jpeg
    1085F941-A0CF-42C0-8B58-D32ED5E3A5B6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 254
That's really neat. I never thought about dressing up stuffed animals before, what a happy thought

You're so talented! That's amazing. I'm so bad at following knitting instructions. You are doing beautifully!

That's really neat. I never thought about dressing up stuffed animals before, what a happy thought
Thank you!
I've loved dressing up my stuffed animals since I was a kid.

I thought it would be easier to practice making a sweater if it was a tiny one, rather than an adult-person-sized one :smile:.

Thank you so much!
Yes, reading knitting and crocheting patterns is so difficult! I usually rely on picture and video instructions to help me.
You are so clever! I usually have to give up on the instructions, and just count rows and measure as I go.

Hopefully you will post some more pics of your work? I've been told that macrame is back in style, but not as plant hangers, rather as well hangings, did you ever try doing one of those? I think they are all made on a smooth stick...

Hopefully you will post some more pics of your work? I've been told that macrame is back in style, but not as plant hangers, rather as well hangings, did you ever try doing one of those? I think they are all made on a smooth stick...
I have heard about macrame coming back in style! I haven't tried it yet, but I want to give it a go in the future.

Thank you so much!
Yes, reading knitting and crocheting patterns is so difficult! I usually rely on picture and video instructions to help me.
This line makes me smile.

True story: I taught myself to knit. Fine. Except, it took me 20 years to actually learn to do a basic pearl stitch. I kept trying, failing, putting it away etc. I did this once or twice a year.
One day, as I started yet another project I realized that I was casting on with my right hand, then doing the actual knitting with my left hand. My stitches never looked right simply because I was following right handed instructions but trying to do them with my left hand!
As you might have guessed, I am somewhat ambidextrous. I write with my right hand but almost everything else I do with my left. So, I guess I was just doing what comes naturally.
I never mastered knitting! LOL

I’ve been working on this little sweater for a stuff animal. The written pattern is kind of hard to understand, so I’ve had to undo certain parts and remake them. But all of the main pieces are done now!
I love the cable work. I’ve never done this much cable work in one project.
tom Daley British diver knitted this
SmartSelect_20210810-120823_Samsung-Internet.jpg

A settee for his mums cat
NINTCHDBPICT000671698496.jpg

Last edited:
This line makes me smile.

True story: I taught myself to knit. Fine. Except, it took me 20 years to actually learn to do a basic pearl stitch. I kept trying, failing, putting it away etc. I did this once or twice a year.
One day, as I started yet another project I realized that I was casting on with my right hand, then doing the actual knitting with my left hand. My stitches never looked right simply because I was following right handed instructions but trying to do them with my left hand!
As you might have guessed, I am somewhat ambidextrous. I write with my right hand but almost everything else I do with my left. So, I guess I was just doing what comes naturally.
I never mastered knitting! LOL
That's amazing!!
Also, it's so cool that you were kind of learning knitting backwards, or mirrored.
A family friend taught me to knit when I was about four. It's been kind of a big passion of mine ever since.

New Threads

Top Bottom