• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kingdom Hearts 3 on Xbox and nearly everything else.

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic,

The latest in the Disney themed RPG series which was previously Sony exclusive, comes out next Tuesday, after watching game play footage on YouTube I kind of want the game now, but am I paying £50 for 1 game? No chance.

Fortunately I have a birthday coming up in 2 and half months, so I might ask for it.

Has anyone on here played the previous games in the series?

I've played some of them. They're typical Square. If you like other games by Square, you might like them. If you DONT like games by Square, avoid them.

They're very... button-mashy. There's not exactly much strategy or thinking involved. You have items and such to find and equip and whatnot, but again, this is Square, there's never all that much to that aspect either. Not hugely challenging games, unless you're going after some of the special bosses and such.

The series is VERY big on cutscenes and spectacle. And be aware, you will not get a full, complete story with it. There's no big satisfying conclusion at the end. Nothing gets wrapped up. Even if you buy ALL of them you still wont get a complete story. Nor will you get a very coherent one. The storyline is seriously all over the place. Hell, it can be hard to tell WHEN each one takes place. On top of that, if you havent played the earlier games in the series, expect boatloads of confusion.

There's a good amount of content in each (usually) and they are fairly long. The gameplay can really drag on sometimes though.

Overall I would put them as "decent". There's fun to be had there and some darned awesome moments (such as the whole fight with Xemnas at the end of the second game) but they're kinda shallow and can get pretty repetitive. Not to mention that sometimes your AI allies just arent going to act in quite the way you want them to.

Now that all being said: Keep in mind that times have changed. It's been a LONG time since KH 2 came out, and in that time, the industry has become more and more corrupted. Square isnt like EA or Activision, but they still shouldnt be trusted. Wait for reviews to come out before buying. And I dont mean the sort of reviews that come out 2 days after. I mean reviews from people that have played the entire thing.

Hopefully it wont have any nasty monetization.

Games are indeed expensive. Publishers and store owners now think they can get away with selling games for £60 in some cases.

And clearly they're right in some cases!

Games are indeed expensive. Publishers and store owners now think they can get away with selling games for £60 in some cases.

And clearly they're right in some cases!

The nasty part is, they get away with alot more than that now.

Want the ENTIRE version of the latest Street Fighter for instance? All of the content? Better be willing to shell out nearly $300, then. No, I'm not joking.

And that's just the start. It's awful. I'm real glad I dont do AAA games anymore (usually).

I remember a time when you went and bought the latest big-name game.... and you got the game you paid for. Now you buy it, and get like 15% of it, with the rest chopped up to sell back to you. Feh.

Square at least hasnt fallen as far as many of the others though.

Aha! I finally get to comment on one of these video-game posts!

I've played all of the previous games! They're my favorite games! I love Disney, and Sora is adorable!

I'm waiting for the game to age him past 18 so I can feel less creepy. ;)

The nasty part is, they get away with alot more than that now.

Want the ENTIRE version of the latest Street Fighter for instance? All of the content? Better be willing to shell out nearly $300, then. No, I'm not joking.

And that's just the start. It's awful. I'm real glad I dont do AAA games anymore (usually).

I remember a time when you went and bought the latest big-name game.... and you got the game you paid for. Now you buy it, and get like 15% of it, with the rest chopped up to sell back to you. Feh.

Square at least hasnt fallen as far as many of the others though.

That's why Street Fighter V is Sony exclusive, so the Sony zealots can nag their Parents to buy all the DLC.

That's why Street Fighter V is Sony exclusive, so the Sony zealots can nag their Parents to buy all the DLC.

....No. That... no. Just no.

If it's exclusive, it's for other reasons, likely involving some major deal with Sony (to make their console more attractive, that's usually why exclusivity deals happen). And they must be REALLY good reasons, one hell of an incredible deal, for the corporate overlords to avoid Xbox. Consumers are consumers no matter which platform they're using. And most consumers are dumber than a box of rocks. They absolutely would buy that crap up just as much on Xbox as they would on PS4. The big publishers dont just avoid that level of guaranteed money unless there's another option that offers even more somehow. They are greed incarnate: They want ALL of the money, not some of the money.

I seriously dont know where you get these one-sided ideas.

New Threads

Top Bottom