• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Keeping up a passion

Voltaic

Plaidhiker@youtube
We all love to live the dream, but eventually you have to wake up.

3 years ago, I would have said what I can do on the piano is impossible. Well, it is possible. I remember back in high school having this idea of sitting down and impressing everyone with my playing, getting compliments and all that good stuff, and now... yeah, it is happening.

I go into saying that because, it was one of my largest dreams that I have somewhat succeeded at, but now that I am here, I am not wanting to stop that progression forwards. I know I have a bunch left to learn, more than I have already learned, and despite me being where I wanted to in the past, I dream further, and want to keep going.

This piano playing has in all honesty been weed and trauma fueled to get me where I am today, things that I don't really want in my life, even with the silver lining of the piano. But these days I find it hard to focus, and put in the work needed to keep going. Even with those two things it is starting to become hard. Looking for ways to keep this passion going. As much as a drive is important, you can't drive around a road block, where passion shoots the acceleration pedal before hand right through the blockades that come up.

I am thinking a balanced life style. Make it so where it is not just piano in my life that is meaningful. Establish other creative outlets, and take in the world around me to drive inspiration. But in general, or specifics I am looking for more tips.

Tip: Don't have kids! Haha I used to be a fair to Midland guitar player, sax player, and harmonica player, but pretty much around the time my son was born I quit those things. Also, keeping positive will help keep your drives alive.

New Threads

Top Bottom