• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Keeping the conversation going

I have a great boyfriend, we get on quite well, I enjoy goofing off with him and spending time with him, however lately, and I think partially due to my depression, I have no idea what to talk about, I don't want to just talk about work all of the time as I feel like that's boring and know we have more in common than our workplace. How do you guys keep up conversation?
I'm scared I'll seem boring if I don't have anything to talk about

The easiest way is to bring up a subject that you know the other person has strong feelings about, then let them have the floor. :)

I know what I want to talk about but then I worry that this is inappropriate or overwrought or intense and that the other person will think I'm boring or weird.

I agree that if you can find something the other person wants to / likes to talk about then it takes the pressure off as they can do most of the talking... If that makes any sense...

One of the reasons why my relationship works with my partner is that we don't feel the need to be talking all the time we are together, we can be in each other's company without the need to talk. Talking is tiring, trying to think of things to say even more so, and I never liked forced conversation or interaction. When you realise that you don't actually need to talk, things get much easier :) I'm not very verbose anyway and just let conversation topics naturally come up.

New Threads

Top Bottom