• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

KDR Does Matter in FPS Games

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
I don't get why some say that KDR (kill/death ratio) doesn't matter in games. I think it's a clear indication of which player is at a high skill level and which player is at a lower skill level. Now, I don't intend to offend anybody with lower skill levels. I fact, I think being a "noob" is a good thing. After all, we all have to start somewhere.

The reason I say that KDR DOES matter is that it really does differentiate between which player is skilled and which player isn't. In most eSports matches centered around competitive shooters, you often see the announcers comparing players' KDRs to make predictions on how the match will go. That's because KDR does matter, and it IS a clear indication of skill.

It matters to you, but that doesn’t mean it’s important to everyone. When you play an FPS game recreationally KDR doesn’t have to be important. For me, having fun is most important. I don’t care who’s technically the most skilled in my match, as long as I’m enjoying myself. Sometimes I come out on top, sometimes I’m in the bottom, but I couldn’t care less about my KDR.

It matters to you, but that doesn’t mean it’s important to everyone. When you play an FPS game recreationally KDR doesn’t have to be important. For me, having fun is most important. I don’t care who’s technically the most skilled in my match, as long as I’m enjoying myself. Sometimes I come out on top, sometimes I’m in the bottom, but I couldn’t care less about my KDR.
I'm the same here, but I always like getting a high number of kills. I do play for fun, but I also tend to get very competitive. You should see how much I become a tryhard whenever I play Monopoly with my family.

I took the OP to mean that some argue KDR is not an indication of skill, even to those who play competitively. I believe the argument is that there are many things a player can do which are beneficial to the team which do not include kills or assists and that deaths are not necessarily "bad" deaths all the time.

I took the OP to mean that some argue KDR is not an indication of skill, even to those who play competitively. I believe the argument is that there are many things a player can do which are beneficial to the team which do not include kills or assists and that deaths are not necessarily "bad" deaths all the time.
I agree. Some games have gamemodes where you have to take an object (capture the flag, king of the hill, hardpoint (CoD series), point domination. Heck. The main mode in Counter Strike is where you have to plant a bomb or stop the bomb from being planted).

Also, no deaths are bad. Unless it's death by hacker. Hackers are bad, and when they kill you, it's also bad.

New Threads

Top Bottom