• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Karl Pilkington

clackedions

Just a bit bored so gonna make a post. I don't know if boredom is a good frame of mind to be in whilst posting something which you expect to receive positive attention for, but whatevs yeah? ;)

Anyway, for those who are a fan of Ricky Gervais, specifically his podcasts, you will be aware of Karl Pilkington. I'm not for one minute suggesting he has autism/asperger's, but it's been an interesting consideration. Whether or not he's simply sculpted a character of genius comedy proportions, he certainly has the most intensely opposite way of thinking of anybody I have witnessed.

It could be a mild case of something exacerbated for comedy effect but again, whatevs.

He's actually below average IQ, 83 to be exact. Which is probably what gives him that, interesting, view of the world.

Ah right, thanks =p Haha I feel a bit silly, I suppose Ricky Gervais describing him as a 'different kind of genius' may have have thrown me off. It's strange that, his cartoons are excellent and his job at XFM was pretty high profile. Guess I don't understand IQ.

"Incidentally, Pilkington's IQ test came up with a result of 83 - the average is 100. Pilkington used to be a radio producer, which if nothing else, suggests that you don't need to be a genius to work in the media." (Bruce Dessau, 2007)

There we go.

Haha. I wouldn't know. But. I liked when Rick Gervais said that were rasing money for children in Africa, a good cause, and Karl asked "Is it a good cause ?".

Aaaah. LOL.

Haha overpopulation init. Karl believes that providing aid and curing diseases etc. is bad as such things help regulate the worlds population, 'overpopulation' being one of Karl's main concerns.

Haha overpopulation init. Karl believes that providing aid and curing diseases etc. is bad as such things help regulate the worlds population, 'overpopulation' being one of Karl's main concerns.

He has a pretty valid point actually.

It's funny because I was watching the Ricky Gervais show last night thinking exactly the same thing.

He has a pretty valid point actually.
Agreed. I support the VHEMT(Voluntary Human Extinction Movement) and tbh I think getting over poverty would mean cutting all aid supplies and just giving contraceptives, eventually the population would go down to a manageable number.
This coming from a person who lives in the first world and probably wouldn't appreciate such arrogant statements being made if living in the third world(I still agree with the former statement, I just thought I'd call my self out before someone else did).
TBH I've not actually heard of that person but yeah.
EMZ=]

I love him in An Idiot Abroad, and The moaning of life.
i do to,he is from wythenshawe,manchester-a really rough part of the town and hes never lost his wythenshawe charm or accent,i like that because a lot of people from manchester who become famous suddenly start talking like they were born and bred in london which is hundreds of miles away.

people think its inferior to have a below average or even intellectual disability when in truth it colours the way we see the world and creates a unique mind like karls.

i do to,he is from wythenshawe,manchester-a really rough part of the town and hes never lost his wythenshawe charm or accent,i like that because a lot of people from manchester who become famous suddenly start talking like they were born and bred in london which is hundreds of miles away.

people think its inferior to have a below average or even intellectual disability when in truth it colours the way we see the world and creates a unique mind like karls.
He has a below average IQ. But I believe that he is not stupid. It is just that the way he (and probably many others) see the world is so unique, that it will not be captured by an IQ test. An IQ test presupposes a certain sort of normalcy.

I don't think there's anything autistic about him. He's just a guy who likes to moan. I believe there are people like that out there who are anywhere near to being autistic.

Have you heard the podcasts? There's much more to him than moaning.

Yeah, I listen to extracts from the podcast all the time on YouTube. Still, I don't think he is autistic. I don't see why anyone who is a bit odd would be classified as autistic, I don't think it works like that.

New Threads

Top Bottom