• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Karaoke?

SteveNomad

Has anyone here done karaoke? I never have:(
Briefly, my life+long never quite taking off into a " full " independent life:coldsweat: stopped me - Now, too, my homeless status:disappointed: (in a shelter with an early curfew) and being crippled, and money for hanging around a bar/restaraunt that has karaoke being scarce + I have never done it.
I think I'd be more inclined to want to do songs from the 60s or earlier, the " oldies " era - foo-eop, girl groups - or going back even earlier, mid-20th Century songs from musicals - the Gershwins, Porter, Togers-Hart-Hammerstein, et Al - I don't know, really, almost all pop music of the last twenty+twenty five years at all and though I lived through the Eighties, I don:t want to sing A-Ha or Glock Of Seagilld or Journey songs or the like very much, I get the impression that's what people tend to think of doing when they do karaoke, my preferred stuff is maybe a little too old -

I participate in karaoke as an audience member only.

On a cruise ship, there was a guy singing Garth Brooks' "Friends in Low Places" who was so damned good I had to keep staring at him to be sure he wasn't Garth Brooks. It was astonishing.

Unfortunately for the next singer, he was already cued up to do the same song and he was nowhere near as good. He definitely suffered by the contrast. I'd be that guy, I'm pretty sure, if I tried to sing karaoke.

Has anyone here done karaoke? I never have:(
Briefly, my life+long never quite taking off into a " full " independent life:coldsweat: stopped me - Now, too, my homeless status:disappointed: (in a shelter with an early curfew) and being crippled, and money for hanging around a bar/restaraunt that has karaoke being scarce + I have never done it.
I think I'd be more inclined to want to do songs from the 60s or earlier, the " oldies " era - foo-eop, girl groups - or going back even earlier, mid-20th Century songs from musicals - the Gershwins, Porter, Togers-Hart-Hammerstein, et Al - I don't know, really, almost all pop music of the last twenty+twenty five years at all and though I lived through the Eighties, I don:t want to sing A-Ha or Glock Of Seagilld or Journey songs or the like very much, I get the impression that's what people tend to think of doing when they do karaoke, my preferred stuff is maybe a little too old -
With my voice, I suspect my trying karaoke would result in laws mandating a fine or possible jail time for any karaoke operator giving me access to a live microphone. The point is moot, since an attempt to do anything like that would send me into a full ballistic panic.

On holidays, I've done some karaoke. Not only was it fun, it made me happy to get over some of the performance anxiety.

My friend and I got kicked out of a karaoke bar once because we didn’t want to stop singing while the staff really wanted to close down the bar and go home. Fun fact, we became friends with then owner after that incident :D

Considering I'd likely be the Medusa of singing, just turning people deaf by how atrocious my singing ability is, nope

I have achieved homemade karaoke. I oversensitized my mic by approaching it to my speakers and it feedbacked so my voice could also be heard. Through squeaks and quacks I can say I prefer myself not karaoking, as probably do my neighbours. Karaoking is hard.

I love it.
Haven't done it in a long time, but, I used to up until about 5 yrs. ago all the time in bars and at
parties. I've also done it in hospital psych wards along with a cousin to entertain the patients.

New Threads

Top Bottom