1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just To Start Things Off

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Willow, Jan 18, 2010.

1. StephF

StephF Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I too am heavily into science & math. I love how these academic fields can explain in great detail the world and me in the world. I've never been into the standard female stereotype, not into nurture at all.

Give me a screwdriver and a multimeter and I will try and understand the world. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. laurag9g9g9

laurag9g9g9 qigungkat

GOOD IDEA... aspie girls are said to be different than guys anyway. It's comforting to see all you girls here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. laurag9g9g9

laurag9g9g9 qigungkat

I don't think we can control anything. If a guy is negative... we'll gang post him! Aspie girls unite! Hahaha

4. laurag9g9g9

laurag9g9g9 qigungkat

Uh oh... did I offend?

• Like Like x 1
  5. laurag9g9g9

laurag9g9g9 qigungkat

So the taboo question... does medical marijuana help?

Probably shouldn't bring that up

• Like Like x 1
  6. StephF

StephF Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Don't know, never tried it. Don't even know where to get some. LOL

7. iAm

iAm New Member

Cool. Math is cool. It's a tool though.
    Wanna learn math, better go to school, bro.
    Don't be a fool, yo.
    Got that cool flow?
    Then spit those rhymes.
    Bad stomach? [deleted] 4 times.
    Smoked a lot and ate too much of kitch
    Now the bowl ache is such a [deleted].
    Fate is such a [deleted], hate is just a switch;
    All right, nuff rhymes today;
    Got that medical stuff, smoke 5 times a day.
    don't do coke though, and I don't smoke though;
    Used to, but those times are over
    Keeping it nice and sober.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. iAm

iAm New Member

Freestyle allowed here?
    Maybe not.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steff

Steff New Member

Ok here a question for the ladies... Do you all find that you have more meltdowns during or close to your menstrual cycles? Or other abnormal behaviors that you don't see from the NT women around you when they are on their cycles? Like myself, for example, I definitely get more easily hurt by people when mestrating and find I need to stim more to keep a it all together but I also dont get angry or lash out my meltdown are usually depressive and I'm the only one I'm mean too about it... I actually go full on Stepford wife and just clean and bake things and try to be exta nice to kind of make up for the fact that I always feel a bit close to the emotional egde and dont want to "burden" anyone with my stuff... Any one else have this kinds of issues?

• Like Like x 1
  10. CyborgSpaceKitten

CyborgSpaceKitten Well-Known Member

Hey! I'm a female too, and I love that there is a board for just women.

I definitely have more meltdowns and just overall get way more overwhelmed and am more sensitive to touch and other sensory stimulation when I'm coming up on my period. It can be a blessing and a curse, because on one hand it makes things very...'pleasurable' with my boyfriend when I am very sensitive to tactile stimulation, but it also means that I get overwhelmed two or three times more easily than when I'm not near the beginning of my menstrual cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aecho

Aecho Active Member

Personally for me it depends on how heavy the flow is for any particular month. Usually if it's going to be a heavy flow I don't get all that "emotional" (most likely because I'm in too much pain to be bothered by emotions). However if it's a relatively light flow, my already extreme depression gets worse during that time. For instance, this month is a light flow, and the week before I started I didn't want to leave the house, I was having miniature panic attacks (nothing too extreme), and just felt horrible all around. And up to this point (I just started) I still feel like poo, although not as bad.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Momo

Momo Well-Known Larrikin

I suppose if there's a girls section I may as well ask, does anybody else struggle with sexual attraction? As in, having none, or seemingly none at all, but still want to have a relationship? And how does one find a partner to connect with as an Aspie? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. kilan

kilan New Member

Welcome to us ladies :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. JoyChaos

JoyChaos Active Member

i dont see a problem in there being a place where the female memebers of our online group and chat. at least get us all in one place so i can add everyone

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

Woman unite. It feels good to have our corner to espouse whatever. Seems this should be in General discussions, a her corner, a his corner. We can endlessly discuss female-ish things without hearing a backlash from the peanut bench. lol

16. JojobaOil

JojobaOil New Member

I’ve been on birth control for almost four years now. The pill makes it so that you can essentially choose when to have periods and mine are every three months. Everything is just too much when I have them. I feel the rejection 10x worse then I go home and cry/mope. Everything is louder and more irksome. I don’t even usually have bad sensory issues but it makes me want to get earplugs and somersault into a tub of gel just for everything to stop. Otherwise it’s extreme indifference to most things.

17. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Hello,
    I hope everyone is having a good day so far. :)