• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just Quit My Job

KevinMao133

Took a lot for me to finally make the decision

Rather, I finally spoke out. I actually made the decision awhile back but for whatever reason couldn’t express it out loud

it has been bothering me for a while and it has been really affecting my life, to the point depression was coming near

the feeling of finally making the decision? I’m belated! The burden is finally off me, so I can go and explore

With the progress I’m making, I deserve better so that’s what I’m going to do

It sounds like you are happy with your decision, and you think you will get a better option of work you like more? Do you have some options already? I'm not sure what work you do, is it likely you will get other work easily? I usually tried to have another job already before I quit, but that's not always possible. Sometimes I would just take an entry level or part time job to get started, and keep some money coming in.

Sounds like you feel better already for quitting, what didn't you like about the job?

I am glad to hear you speak of your agency, that you are making progress and deserve better for yourself. Keep us posted. Here's wishing younall the best!

It sounds like you are happy with your decision, and you think you will get a better option of work you like more? Do you have some options already? I'm not sure what work you do, is it likely you will get other work easily? I usually tried to have another job already before I quit, but that's not always possible. Sometimes I would just take an entry level or part time job to get started, and keep some money coming in.

Sounds like you feel better already for quitting, what didn't you like about the job?

I hated the job. Beginning felt like joy but overtime it got too stressful and demanding. It was a sales job, meaning selling the idea of weight loss. While it’s a good business, not for me as I can’t convince anyone to think the same as me

Wow yes I am useless at selling things, I guess I don't feel comfortable trying to persuade anyone to buy things. That must have been a tough job. I hope you can find a better fit for yourself. Is there much available?

Wow yes I am useless at selling things, I guess I don't feel comfortable trying to persuade anyone to buy things. That must have been a tough job. I hope you can find a better fit for yourself. Is there much available?

still looking but that’s the bad part. I’m still trying to focus. Growing up I been told a million things, I can do this I can do that. As an adult, my biggest dream right now is to lose weight followed by gaining muscle then going to school. Back to school might be my only way out

Congratulations on your decission. I am sure that your selling experience will be a good asset for social relations and future jobs. The idea of focusing in yourself, studing, and gaining health sounds great.

IN general us Aspies are not natural sales men. GOOD LUCK

Every time I lost my job my go to was more education. Fortunately my wife could support both of us, as my buddy calls it wifefare. I call it boot strapping, as I she got more educated, I got more educated. both moving up together.

Reminds of Johnny Paycheck's country music song: take this job and shove it.

I ain't working here no more. Lol

Last edited:
If you're looking at school with the objective of employment, I would recommend you consider applied programs with a co-op or practicum component, as it significantly increases your likelihood of getting a job, and even if your co-op or practicum placement doesn't end up hiring you, at least you'll have experience, a reference, and the beginning of a network.

There are many niche programs that lead into solid careers that we may not have thought of at all. I should note that some, like radiology or train conductor may have long wait lists in certain places due to limited placements.

New Threads

Top Bottom