• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just had a SSI Hearing

matt000333

This is my 4th one I have had I have another case pending in Federal Court. I think it went well My lawyer told a joke and judge laughed it was an older female she was in a good mood a first for me of the 4 hearings. She did not think I could work with other people and for first time they said I could not do any of my past work right from get go but could possibly do other jobs. Fewer jobs then ever before and simplest of work types they even mentioned Shelter type work but Judge said it would not count because it would not be competitive full time work. They did 4 different scenarios at end she said I could work on 2 of them and not work on 2 of them. One of them being if my conditions affect me min of 25% at work but I think paperwork says it would. The only thing that worry's one is she asked me if I thought I could work alone I said no my lawyer pointed out only one time at my first full time job in 2008-2009 for about 7 months have I ever met the competitive 40 hour work they decide if I can do. Anyways let me know if you think this helps me or your own experiences with this.

This is my 4th one I have had I have another case pending in Federal Court. I think it went well My lawyer told a joke and judge laughed it was an older female she was in a good mood a first for me of the 4 hearings. She did not think I could work with other people and for first time they said I could not do any of my past work right from get go but could possibly do other jobs. Fewer jobs then ever before and simplest of work types they even mentioned Shelter type work but Judge said it would not count because it would not be competitive full time work. They did 4 different scenarios at end she said I could work on 2 of them and not work on 2 of them. One of them being if my conditions affect me min of 25% at work but I think paperwork says it would. The only thing that worry's one is she asked me if I thought I could work alone I said no my lawyer pointed out only one time at my first full time job in 2008-2009 for about 7 months have I ever met the competitive 40 hour work they decide if I can do. Anyways let me know if you think this helps me or your own experiences with this.
The idea in the UK is if you are incapable of work you get one rate of benefit and if you are capable of work and need accommodations you get another rate ,if you think you’re capable then that’s what you said !but !if you think you are in capable then you need to give them more information, tell him how long you can work for !what weight you can pick up how computer literate you are ,how far you can travel ,what physical disabilities you have ,what learning disabilities you have ,what is your level of perception of danger ,You would need this if you’re working in a public area, if you would need somebody to help you a good idea would be to ask@Jenisautistic to see her assessment report it would good give you some idea of what to tell them.

On other 2 questions most important I hear are hypothetical 3 and 4. 3rd one was about job coach being with me 90 days she said yes but on cross exam by my lawyer said it would depend on what job coach would need to do. If they just checked in with me it would be okay but not okay if they had to work with me the 4th hypothetical again about job coaching but ongoing and she flat out said no.

On other 2 questions most important I hear are hypothetical 3 and 4. 3rd one was about job coach being with me 90 days she said yes but on cross exam by my lawyer said it would depend on what job coach would need to do. If they just checked in with me it would be okay but not okay if they had to work with me the 4th hypothetical again about job coaching but ongoing and she flat out said no.
What’s more important is !!if !!you need !!The job coach !!to stay with you the whole !!time and she won’t !!do it then you are not !!capable of doing it.

I'm a little confused. It sounds like you are seeking Social Security Income (SSI) and not Social Security Disability Income (SSDI). They are two different types of benefits and have different rules for eligibility. You said "SSI" and the testimony/evidence about your past employment record does sound like the court is looking at whether you have a sufficient work history to qualify for SSI. But, on the other hand, your past work history might be evidence of the degree of disability that you are claiming if you are seeking SSDI.

Can you please verify that it is SSI and not SSDI that you are seeking?

With SSDI what kind of benefits do you get ,what are the pros and cons of disability benefit or the lowest paying job in the UK you still really need to work if you want to survive.

It's 771 a month here but you get some food stamps and if you can find it cheap housing while not ideal if your frugal you can live off of it here in the states.

New Threads

Top Bottom