• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just got hired!!!!

Mattymatt

Imperfectly Perfect
Just when things looked pretty bleak, I got an email offering me a job working as a ramp agent for Piedmont Airlines. Piedmont Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines so I get flight benefits on both!!! This Thursday (Sept. 6th) is my first day which is just an orientation day to fill out paperwork. Ramp agents service the aircraft from cleaning and loading bags to towing and pushing them back from the gate. It's not my dream job but I love planes so working around them could be very interesting. Plus I love flying and the free flights will be a huge plus!

Fantastic Matt, good for you! Not many people get to work in their dream job, I certainly don’t, but you love planes and now you’ll be working in them and flying in them while this could lead on to something else in the future. We all have to start somewhere, so onward and upward!

Excellent - a job with airplanes, physical activity, and no two days identical. I have always admired the work of the ground crew. Cool job. Congratulations.

@Mattymatt, congratulations and well done!!

It isn't often that someone gets to even work in a field of personal interest, so this is really good news!!!

Remember our work doesn’t define us or assign value to our lives. So no matter if you have this job or not you are Mattymatt, unique in every way, with enormous significance in the human narrative. Have fun in your new job. Congratulations! Thank you for telling us.

Congratulations that's excellent news! Maybe your old company who fired you actually did you a favour!

Good news, just look out for organophosphate fumes from aviation fuel when loading. ASD's generally have lowered detoxifying ability.

Good news, just look out for organophosphate fumes from aviation fuel when loading. ASD's generally have lowered detoxifying ability.
It's a known fact that Benzine is a byproduct of Jet-A exhaust. It's unavoidable and a potential carcinogen. I don't plan to be out on the tarmac for that long. The moment a Ramp Service Supervisor (RSS) position opens, I plan on taking it just for that reason. An RSS floats between ramp operations and the tarmac and apron. If I decide I like the work, I may eventually want to manage my own small station.

New Threads

Top Bottom