• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just Got Here (On Many Levels)

Recently diagnosed (age 35). Came out to parents for help with the formal diagnostic process. They suggested I find other people with this to get support. I'm independent and, until recently, I could behave myself incredibly well. Living situation changed. Burned out. Got diagnosed. It's a lot. That's about it.

Hi, by the way.

welcome to af.png

This forum is more active than I expected, as most support networks I've found in this search are for children (level 2+) and parents. An active forum for us, if I can help myself to that pronoun at this early stage, was starting to seem unlikely based on the scarce evidence of support for adults with autism who can control themselves in everyone else's world. Less surprising but no less satisfying, it's a very welcoming forum.

As I fail once again to regulate my feelings, I have to proclaim my heartfelt gratitude for your existence. Good luck to all of you. Looking forward to crossing paths around here.

Thank you, @Nervous Rex, it's what I do. I don't have a graduate degree like nearly all of my peers, so I feel like an undisciplined competitor in the ring with people who learned in formal institutions, e.g. like a street fighter in the ring with someone trained in jiu-jitsu. Both have advantages.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the support you are looking for here. It's a great place.

The support I have found here is great. And it reminds me of an old aphorism: "There is no new ways to sin under the sun." Whatever happens, somebody here has experienced it.

Hello & welcome.
Thank you, @Nervous Rex, it's what I do. I don't have a graduate degree like nearly all of my peers, so I feel like an undisciplined competitor in the ring with people who learned in formal institutions, e.g. like a street fighter in the ring with someone trained in jiu-jitsu. Both have advantages.
Here, I was thinking that your login name was a reference to civil engineering... ;)

Welcome!

Indeed the demographics of this site is weighed more towards adults on the spectrum (and especially those diagnosed/discovered/identified as adults).

What I also like is that with lots of people, and from all over, and all walks of life, there's lots of sharing and mutual support available.

So what are you into? It sounds like life is pretty stressful for you now, do you have any interests or hobbies outside of work?

New Threads

Top Bottom