• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just applied for Christmas temp work at GAME

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Just applied for what''s possibly my DREAM job, working at GAME in the Meadowhall Centre, combining my 2 favourite things, games and serving customers who want to buy games.

I'm an Xbox guy, but I'd happily sell PS2, 3, 4 and Nintendo products.

I might hopefully get an interview soon.

Plus I read some of the "perks" of the job, generous staff discounts on games, and you can borrow games and hardware, if I get the job I might see if I can borrow a PS4 for a week and a copy of Street Fighter 5, I'd like to play that.

But let's not get hopes up eh?

Hey though, I applied for my dream job! Go me!

Last edited:
Just a suggestion... why don't you put all your posts about applying for jobs in one thread, which you can keep updating, rather than create a separate thread for each one? I find it a bit spammy to have so many threads about job applications.

It's a good idea to apply for Christmas temporary jobs. It's a good way to get your 'foot in the door.'

Just a suggestion... why don't you put all your posts about applying for jobs in one thread, which you can keep updating, rather than create a separate thread for each one? I find it a bit spammy to have so many threads about job applications.

Meh, you don't have to read/respond to every topic.

If you want to accuse me of spamming, report my post to the Mods and see what they say.

Frankly there's really no need to post every single job opportunity you pursue. After all, you have nothing to prove with this audience, and we aren't those "Daily Fail" readers whose opinions you seem to be so concerned about. We know you are trying hard to find work.

Perhaps it might be better if you simply post about when you actually get whatever job you are pursuing. Though if you insist on posting about every job you seek, why not incorporate that into your blog? Seems like an appropriate place for such posts.

Frankly there's really no need to post every single job opportunity you pursue. After all, you have nothing to prove with this audience, and we aren't those "Daily Fail" readers whose opinions you seem to be so concerned about. We know you are trying hard to find work.

Perhaps it might be better if you simply post about when you actually get whatever job you are pursuing. Though if you insist on posting about every job you seek, why not incorporate that into your blog? Seems like an appropriate place for such posts.
I also think that merging the threads is an excellent idea... @Mr Allen can update this thread if he wants to post about a new job application or if and when he gets a job. It's more convenient and less clutter in the forum.

Mr Allen, I hope your luck will change soon and you will find a job.

I also think that merging the threads is an excellent idea... @Mr Allen can update this thread if he wants to post about a new job application or if and when he gets a job. It's more convenient and less clutter in the forum. Hopefully, his luck will change soon and he will find a job.

The good news is that is a practical way to consolidate threads of a similar or same nature.

The bad news is that if a host provides threads dedicated to one specific user, it's likely that many more will request the same treatment. Which strikes me as something intended for individual blogs. A function already provided by the host. But ultimately they can do what they want, either way.

I do incorporate it in my Blog, I've done 3 posts since yesterday and I'm about to do another one because I got an email half an hour ago from WH Smith's at Crystal Peaks rejecting my application (I wouldn't mind, bur I had to declare my disability, y'all know my thoughts in that area!)

I do incorporate it in my Blog, I've done 3 posts since yesterday and I'm about to do another one because I got an email half an hour ago from WH Smith's at Crystal Peaks rejecting my application (I wouldn't mind, bur I had to declare my disability, y'all know my thoughts in that area!)

Then why make redundant posts in other parts of the forum?

Once is plenty. Given the personal nature of seeking employment and whatever job opportunities arise, it stands to reason that one's personal blog would be the best place for such things. That's all.

Last edited:
Then why make redundant posts in other parts of the forum?

Once is plenty. That's all. Given the personal nature of seeking employment, it stands to reason that one's personal blog would be the best place for such things.

Because I don't use the Blogs on here, I use my Blog on Wordpress.com.

The one I used to link to in my signature but the Mods removed it because it's set to private by default, and is full of long swear word filled rants (so it's probably a good job it's private)

Because I don't use the Blogs on here, I use my Blog on Wordpress.com.

The one I used to link to in my signature but the Mods removed it because it's set to private by default, and is full of long swear word filled rants (so it's probably a good job it's private)

LOL. So don't swear. It's not complicated. Consider trying to blog without so much rage. Truly, it's in your best interest. So much anger and rigid thinking eventually killed my father, age 56. You may not be aware of it, but such behavior can physically take a terrible toll on your heart.

Though again I have to point out that if you are trying to prove something to people, this is probably the wrong audience. Here many of us may just be apt to tell you that work does not define you. So perhaps you should be posting all your employment opportunities in that other blog off this site.

But by all means, let us know here if in fact you actually land that job.

Last edited:
Good luck to you as well. I'm going to start applying for more jobs too over the next few weeks, myself.

Still not heard back from GAME yet, I call into the Meadowhall shop often to check the progress, but they keep saying it's all done online like everything now.

I don't see these threads as redundant -- I get it, it makes sense to me want to share about each job you apply for and the process that goes with it.

Good for you applying for your dream job! I hope you get it but you are wise to prepare yourself for the worst case scenario.

If you get an interview, don't be shy with talking about how it is your dream job and you'd be doing the two things you most want to do. That's a huge, huge asset working in your favor.

I rang the GAME Head Office on Monday, they said the hiring is done internally by the shop Managers, so much for "it's all done online", I passed on my landline number and they said they'd look into it and give me a call, I'm hoping there's a message on the phone when I get back tomorrow.

New Threads

Top Bottom