• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jodie in controversial role

Kayla55

I think it does take actress with substance to take on such a role, most people don't want to embarass themselves by discussing this

Jodie Foster has taken on some interesting roles. I don't think anyone else could have been able to pull this character off and make it believable. It's been a long time, so I might have to review it with some more mature and understanding eyes. Although her character is not autistic, but rather, what might happen during a life of isolation if the circumstances were favorable for it to happen. It also is a commentary on human beings in modern, civilized societies and how Nell probably would be better without it. I think there is some common ground for a struggling young autistic to relate to.

Another great performance regarding a very complex role. Reminds me of a few others in such a category, such as Angelina Jolie in "Girl Interrupted", or Sigourney Weaver in "Snow Cakes", Radha Mitchell in "Mozart and the Whale", Janet Margolin in "David and Lisa", Patty Duke in " The Miracle Worker", and Olivia DeHavilland in "The Snake Pit".

Sorry, but I’m feeling contrary. The best face I could put on my life would be Depp’s role in Benny and Joon. The dancing dinner rolls could have been my opus.

Jodie foster is an incredible actress. I have never seen a movie she was in that I didn't adore.

Except for Maverick. I did not adore Maverick. Not her fault, but one should NOT mess with a classic.

Liam Neeson is pretty sharp too.

I don't see this one as particularly controversial. If you want to see her in something controversial, watch "The Brave One." She goes full-on vigilante.

Never saw it. No zombies or space monsters. But watching the trailer I noticed how young Jodie and Liam looked. Bittersweet. I wonder what a movie about a zombie on the spectrum would be like?

;)

I appreciate learning to talk, and stigma and why you would want to fit in.
Until you're in that boat, the trauma underlying theme of lost sister.
Learning to grieve in eyes of others and drawing fancy art project when just want to break down and cry at times in life.

I think it does take actress with substance to take on such a role, most people don't want to embarass themselves by discussing this

My wife and I saw that movie in the theater. It was a very well-told story.

I tend to bristle at the "impassioned speech" trope that so many movies use - so often they're very out of character for the person delivering the speech and it feels forced. But that speech in Nell was well done and fit Nell's character very well.

Never saw it. No zombies or space monsters. But watching the trailer I noticed how young Jodie and Liam looked. Bittersweet. I wonder what a movie about a zombie on the spectrum would be like?

;)
But you're young..if I'm correct.
You maybe don't understand this until you've had own child who had speech problems and why 'cringe' in public at an overage tantrum.
I'm partially blind to embarassment, I think I'm more on sympathetic side but there was times, many times we went home early.

Sorry, but I’m feeling contrary. The best face I could put on my life would be Depp’s role in Benny and Joon. The dancing dinner rolls could have been my opus.

Aspophilia

From the diminutive of Aspergers, "Aspie" and the Greek -philia φιλία = love.

1) A sexual attraction to geeks.

I must agree Charlie Chaplin was brilliant, I would be interested in a narrative from him on post-war conflicts and comedy of that blond girlfriend explaining her asophilia for Einstein.

Aspophilia

From the diminutive of Aspergers, "Aspie" and the Greek -philia φιλία = love.

1) A sexual attraction to geeks.

I must agree Charlie Chaplin was brilliant, I would be interested in a narrative from him on post-war conflicts and comedy of that blond girlfriend explaining her asophilia for Einstein.
Meant to draw comparison between philia and phobia.
So in outside of the textbook say ' no to proposal of specta-phobia'

So I met my wife before I was famous

Many interesting facts about Einstein is he never grew up in Germany, was not even educated in Germany.
But he's a national icon!!

I wonder what a movie about a zombie on the spectrum would be like?

;)

Wanting brains but not wanting to leave the house.

Starving for brains, but gagging at the texture.

Shambling down the street, but avoiding stepping on any cracks.

Bursting into the house full of survivors, then leaving because there's too many people there.

Biting someone's leg, but then biting the other leg, to make sure it matches exactly.

Moaning "Braaaaiiinns" followed by every word they can think of that rhymes with it. Making a silly little song about brains until they get annoyed looks from the other zombies.

Never being able to do the Thriller dance, even though all the other zombies instinctively know it.

;)
Ironic, because Milla's boyfriend abandons her after the fall of 'JOAN of arc' so have you ever wondered why you never see the boyfriend perform his own martial arts moves n even fast n furious car stuff.....
Cause he actually dates the blond Michelle Pfeiffer cat-girl after Milla dies. But she is neoro-typical so she doesn't mind all this.
Bittersweet to hear mock-politicia over glamour of why this famous stuff is anti-comedy series. Almost like modern Rolo ad where they in movies and along comes this blond and he tries to get his last Rolo out her mouth. Not a classic old Rolo ad, it where she should dump him but we never see him doing bruce-lee action scene anyway.
They look young in movie Nell cause movie is now old, but what's left to wonder is if she could learn to be normal why wouldn't she want to return to civilisation the same way mowgley does at end of jungle book.
Time out
I see bad edit when I watch a movie and I can tell you a cup on a table changed on edit of a scene. But this was my observation . Most guys agree tired of resident evil, so we can let director know he needs to change the plot

New Threads

Top Bottom