• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Job idea

ucrenegade

V.I.P Member
Anyone know or heard of any companies that do autism training to companies like they do sex harassment training? I am thinking that would be a cool business to start.

A nice idea....but companies generally don't spend money on courses unless they need to. They run sexual harassment courses so that they don't get sued.

Now if companies were to start getting sued for discrimination to autistics then they would be begging for courses.

It would be better to find attorneys willing to do pro bono work to help those who lost their jobs.

Autism awareness is neat, and if autistics promoted it, hopefully you'd have help instead of pandering.

I say don't quit your day job but if you put something together in spare moments, great idea!

Yeah that is what I was thinking start by getting jobs to see why it would be a benefit with a short powerpoint presentation. All job ideas I find eventually only take 1 yes could be 100 no's or even 1000. Look at temple grandin as well as some others. With Autism prevailing more and more I think their is a scientific/ medical case why in the future this would be needed.

BEfore I retired, I was one of my employers most valued empoyees. MY strength was my being on the spectrum.

You hit the nail right on the head. Not only do I see myself as not being disabled, I feel like being on the spectrum is my superpower. My autism has allowed me to do things that others could not do. Employers really like that. I spent the last 13 years of my career working for myself. I always worked alone and with my special interest. It was almost like not having to work at all. All possible because of autism.

one of my Brothers was a highly valued employee and my sister is also highly valued both are Aspies. My brothers special interest has made him a mult millionaire.

BEfore I retired, I was one of my employers most valued empoyees. MY strength was my being on the spectrum.
I'd be interested in some details on this as I am looking for info and facts for a presentation to put together for employers.

That goes for anyone here.

I was the only employee in company history to get a bonus two years in a row as the big boss said we do do not give out bonuses. My insights on how to control the process, changed the company business model and product line they pursued resulting in a take over and buyout by a larger competitor in the same industry.
The take over was a consequence of the product specialization.

Last edited:
Anyone know or heard of any companies that do autism training to companies like they do sex harassment training? I am thinking that would be a cool business to start.
This is my experience...might not be relevant now, but was when I was working.

Corporations have always been the breeding grounds for back-stabbing "meritocracy" that has proven, it isn't what you know, but who you know. I worked for very high-profiled corporations and could not cope with all the drama, environment and most of all...the people.

A company isn't going to spend money where there is no need to. Aspies need to show that there is a value to being hired...publicly. Wherever possible. I can hear my father's voice echoing in my head, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

My assumptions...
Since most corporate executives know that most Aspies aren't socially adept, they use that to their advantage and exclude us citing the typical, "They aren't capable to fill the position." and "too much to spend on these people which is nothing more than special treatment." As was mentioned in above post from Kevin1968, sexual harassment can be quantified in monetary damages and a smeared reputation...to them, that's worth paying for. Aspies...not even a blip on the preverbal radar.

You may like this story my brother a fellow ASPIE, was a key employee the small company he was employed by. did not care about remuneration, was making more on his special interest, investing, but did not get along with a fellow employee, asked boss to fire him and then offered to pay the severance package or he would quit himself. some of us are definitely different spoke my brother now retired, company went bankrupt after he retired.

Last edited:
Thanks i'll be going over these I also wrote Rudy Simone who authored the book Aspies on the Job waiting for a response. Then little by little I hope to gather information and put something together. Problem is I work sunday thru thursday the only day off I have is friday because saturday is the Shabbat. So I am hoping to either have people who want to possibly help like this thread.

This is my experience...might not be relevant now, but was when I was working.

Corporations have always been the breeding grounds for back-stabbing "meritocracy" that has proven, it isn't what you know, but who you know. I worked for very high-profiled corporations and could not cope with all the drama, environment and most of all...the people.

A company isn't going to spend money where there is no need to. Aspies need to show that there is a value to being hired...publicly. Wherever possible. I can hear my father's voice echoing in my head, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

My assumptions...
Since most corporate executives know that most Aspies aren't socially adept, they use that to their advantage and exclude us citing the typical, "They aren't capable to fill the position." and "too much to spend on these people which is nothing more than special treatment." As was mentioned in above post from Kevin1968, sexual harassment can be quantified in monetary damages and a smeared reputation...to them, that's worth paying for. Aspies...not even a blip on the preverbal radar.

I agree that blip on the radar is the problem though need to show jobs how more effective aspies can be.

I'm not aware of any organizations that does training for companies as their only thing (market too thin, who would pay, etc.) but there are a number of organizations, mostly non-profits who do it as part of their work to support autistics in finding and keeping employment.

my being an Aspie gave my former employee a competitive advantage their competitors even now have no clue how to copy. we are not easily replaced, especially if we have a unique skill set. my sister is a better example of this being a geologist and a economist she blows the MBA's out of the
water.

I don't know companies that do this, but they do exist. Probably on a small scale. I work in a program which hires people on the spectrum, and some of the admin seem to have these badges where it seems they enrolled in an (online) program of such a nature.

Sales Manager: This is the primary person responsible for the overall direction of the b2b sales team. The manager is in charge of hiring new sales staff and managing existing staff belkins.io/blog/lead-generation-research/how-to-generate-b2b-leads. The role also oversees and implements the sales strategy. When you choose a Manager, know that this individual will set the overall tone and vision of the b2b sales team.

Last edited:
watch that latest 60 minuters episode it may give you ideas world is changing too late for me my former employer did not want me to retire. good thing had stroke 4 days before official date. life spoak.

New Threads

Top Bottom