• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jewelry?

DesertRose

As an Aspie woman, do you like wearing jewelry, or does it bother you?
I love the beauty of jewelry, and wore it a little when I was younger, but now, I just don't want any on, it's annoying to me. I did not ever want attention drawn to me. My choices were a little different than others, as well.
Same with make up, I couldn't stand the foundation, and lipstick irritated my lips, but I did wear eye makeup, when I was going out. It all started to make me itch and burn, so I stopped it all.

I've never been into jewelry or make-up, I'm a tomboy and they just don't interest me, and am not attracted to things like diamonds or gold or silver. They are just pretty rocks and metals, as far as I'm concerned, and don't have any significance beyond that. I prefer things like fossils because they have a story to tell.
When I was a teenager, I did try makeup at one point, and used to wear a silver chain round my neck, but makeup never worked for me, it irritated my eyes and I rubbed it off within and hour and I just used to fidget with the chain all the time.

A very simple wedding band, and on the occasional Friday night outing, earrings maybe a bracelet . Very rarely I wear a necklace. No make-up.

As an Aspie woman, do you like wearing jewelry, or does it bother you?
I love the beauty of jewelry, and wore it a little when I was younger, but now, I just don't want any on, it's annoying to me. I did not ever want attention drawn to me. My choices were a little different than others, as well.
Same with make up, I couldn't stand the foundation, and lipstick irritated my lips, but I did wear eye makeup, when I was going out. It all started to make me itch and burn, so I stopped it all.
I wear it very rarely ,only to cover up my exposed skin !which is usually in very hot weather ,I'm always attracted to pearls.

Wear a watch and my wedding band and make all kinds of necklaces. Which I wear. Like making beadwork necklaces or chokers out of various polished stones or clay or glass or wood and natural objects like shell. Have many, and made and sold them for a time at artisan fairs and other venues.

I own quite a bit that I've bought or inherited over the years, but tend to wear the same watch, earrings and ring set every day out of habit. I'll only wear 'bling' when I go out to big events. Otherwise I'd just panic about losing things. I lost a very old victorian wedding ring that my great great grandmother owned when I was in my early 20s and my mother still hasn't forgiven me! :rolleyes:

I like jewelry on other women though. I'll always notice if someone is wearing a pretty bracelet or necklace. But I'm really fussy when it comes to buying items myself, so I tend not to.

I used to make beaded Native American earrings, and wore a few, but they also bothered me. I've had my ears pierced twice, and let them grow up both times. Never 'bling', it's fine on others but not me. I used to wear my wedding ring set all the time, but the grandkids came, and I kept nicking them somehow, and the finger swelling got so bad, I had to stop wearing it before it got stuck on my finger. Now all jewelry bothers me too bad to wear it.

I wear my Pandrora’s but not much else. I find necklaces annoying and since I wear finger splints rings get in the way so i only wear them from for special occasions.

I don't wear any jewelry since I don't like how it feels. I like how it looks so I used to be sad I couldn't wear it but now I'm used to not wearing it.

I don't wear any. I used to wear a watch which was the perfect size and shape to fit comfortably on my wrist, then the mechanism wore down and broke (after more than ten years) and I bought a replacement but it wasn't the same, so now I just use my phone. I also wore a necklace for a while because my mum bought it for me (it was some kind of travel charm and I appreciated the thought a lot) but i took it off once and forgot to put it back on so haven't worn it in a couple of years.

I'm OBSESSED with jewelry, and can't stop buying it! I don't like the really girly kinds, but rather stone crystals like amethyst and rainbow fluorite. I also like silver. It also gives me something to fidget with :)

I don’t like real jewelry (expensive, made out of gold or gems, for example). I like stainless steel and anything hand made. I don’t wear much though, they can easily be uncomfortable to me, specially bracelets.

Although I own lots of fine jewelry, some inherited and some purchased, I never wear any jewelry around the house and it is the first thing I take off when I come home. When I have to go somewhere important, I wear my wedding rings, gold watch and simple diamond or pearl stud earrings. I occasionally wear bracelets but rarely necklaces as they annoy me. I don't like scarves around my neck either.

I was a tom-boy and never wore make-up until it was required for my work which was modeling and teaching for Barbizon in my 20's.
I never liked the feel of jewelry. Although by the time I was going to University I did learn to wear a watch that was comfortable, plain yet classic.
I didn't have to wear a bra either when I was young. Yay.

Fast forward to now and at 60 I do put a mineral based powder on my cheeks and lip gloss when going out. Never wear make-up around the house.
I like real gemstone/crystals etc. pendants, also only if going out to dinner or something.
Same with a watch, I feel lost without one.
But, I start taking them off as soon as I get home.
I have quite a few small necklaces people, esp. my Mom has given me through the years and each has
a story, a memory.
I keep them on a necklace stand, keep them polished and clean and occasionally may pick one to put on
when going out.
And my figure has changed through the years, so yeah, now I need the bra under my clothes. :(

I wear my necklace which is a super thin gold chain with a cross and a pendant on it as well as my fitbit charge 2 (I only am being specific because of size) on my right wrist and on my left I have a bracelet that I got for my birthday last year and then two leather bands from easter camp, I wear it all because it holds meaning to me not because of how it looks.
As for make up as a 16yr old girl I haven't worn make up since I was in a show when I was in primary school which I cried about for like the whole time I just really don't like it also probably allergic to it these days

Jewelry is no good to me because I tend to lose things like that all the time, or have it stolen.

I wore makeup in junior high and high school but not since then. I don't see the need for it. My skin looks younger than my contemporaries, probably because I wear un-tinted sunscreen on my face every day, year round, regardless of the weather, which helps prevent skin damage. There is a lot of skin cancer in my family. We're mostly light skinned, light colored eyed blondes with increased risk for skin cancer so I'm pretty vigilant about avoiding the sun, and usually wear a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses when outdoors.

I can relate to this!

I have been pierced in various places throughout the years, all of which I have adored UNTIL it got too impractical or bothersome (example: I side sleep and ear piercings got infected).

Having small boobs I LOVE not HAVING to wear a bra.

Jewelry interests me and I have a large jewelry box, but it's more like a bower-bird's nest and I forget to wear anything on the daily. On the odd occasion that I even remember to prioritize my jewelry I will go all out. It's kind of all or nothing with me. But i strongly agree with "if it's not practical, it's annoying".

Thought process: 1. Likes piece of jewelry. 2. VOWS to wear this piece of jewelry and MAKE it a staple. A sentimental piece! 2. Wears jewelry once. 3. Takes it off (keeps catching on clothes/strangling me/dangling and swishing/OCD makes me adjust it constantly) either mid day, or at home. 4. Never to be remembered to be worn again.

If you can relate to this please 'agree' so I know I'm not the only one!

I like jewellery and like wearing mostly silver or stainless steel,I have some pieces which include my favourite gemstone amethyst and a rainbow moonstone pendant,I also have a collection of Star Wars themed necklaces including a R2D2 pendant and a BB8 one aswell.

I like wearing jewelery alot actually. but I cant stand rings. They bother me. Long necklaces as well. Everything that keeps moving constantly is annoying to me. But I do like rings when it comes to earings.
To me chockers and earrings is something that I wear daily, but no armpieces. I also like ankle jewelery. if it is the right size then it doesnt bother me.

For make-up I mostly keep it to eye make-up, a soft lipstick and my brows. Maybe dying your brows can give you already a more diffrent look then you think. Also your eyelashes can be dyed blue-black, wich cqn give you the appearance of wearing mascara if that bothers you sometimes. those are options ofcourse for the people that dont like to wear make-up but do like the look of it in a subtle way.

To be honest, I work in the beauty industry and that is probably why I am used to these things. but on a day off, I sometimes just like to wear nothing on my face, no jewelery and my hair in a lazy bun. Not saying that too everything you can get used to but maybe try it for a couple of weeks to see if you will feel the same? maybe it is the feeling you need to get used to ? Anyway it doesnt matter how you look, as long as you are happy and healthy ofcourse :)

New Threads

Top Bottom