• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've always felt different

I'm a thirty-four year old woman who has only ever been diagnosed with Auditory processing disorder. I've often wondered if I'm autistic. From a young age I would become completely obsessed with my interests. I sometimes end up talking to much about them. My longest has been Tamagotchi. I never grew out of them. I've collected and played them since the age of eleven.

I have a hard time socializing with people and spend a lot of time in my head trying to think of what to say. I've confused people before by adding my opinion after the conversation has been over. I also have a hard time knowing when to start or stop a conversation with someone. I have a habit of talking to myself at work or home.

When I get super upset I have been known to bite myself or pull my hair to calm down. I have memories of being sent to the principal's office as a child because I couldn't focus on my work I was supposed to be doing.(couldn't focus on it there either)

My family members that care about me think I'm weird in a good way I guess.(nicknamed me Luna Lovegood)

upload_2020-1-24_18-51-57.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Welcome to the forum, open 24/7. You can learn alot about being on the spectrum and the good and the inbetween.

Warm wellcome to the forums :)

Only a profetinal evaluation can diagnose you with either one of the many possible diagnosis so if you think you have something more & want to know & can afoard it its a good idea to ask for a new evaluation.

As for the always felt different i havent either from birth i never felt i was from even the same planet as everyone else never fitted in anywhere :confused:

welcome to the Forum

Hang around a while and look at some of the newer and older threads. You probably will find something of interest there

New Threads

Top Bottom