• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's Moving Day

Raggamuffin

V.I.P Member
Brief recap on a hectic morning. This is the second time we've done it on Friday 13th.

Wake up at 6am. Take apart 2 beds. Bring them downstairs. Enjoy negotiating with heavy mattresses. Head off to pick up the hire van. Remember how much I love the torque from a turbo. Return home interfrastically. Get home, take a freezer to someone's flat. Carry it up all the stairs. Get home. Lose patience with taking apart bed with tools. Stamp on bed until everything snaps. I win. Load up the van and take beds down the tip. Sweet talk the man at the gate because we didn't have the proper permit. Dispose of beds. Encounter large portrait of Jesus in a skip. Get home. Eat mechanically separated, Chinese flavour chicken. Feel sick. Knock at the door - gas man. Check for leaks. Leak free. Boot up the computer - start working from home. Phew.

Ed

May you be happy in the next stage of your life.

its stressful and difficult to move like this, but wishing you well

I'd consider the drive thru - a whopper (thats what hungry jacks call their burger here, cos of like hamburger wars/copyright stuff) with cheeze maybe. You need a lot of calories for moving. It might be better than 'mechanically separated chinese flavoured chicken' whatever that is, what is it?

Echo on diet. You know better. Emotional dysregulation is linked to malnutrition. Be kind to yourself

Diet will be addressed once I'm home. I plan to do a food shop. My folks have 2 fridges, 2 freezers and a huge chest freezer as well.

Ed

You conquered a big one. Moving rates high on list of stressors. I hate moving. I know l probably have one more move in my lifetime but l know it will be my last place before l sit behind the pearly gates and play with cats. Lol

Guess you have a decent relationship with parents. So many of us here just don't have that.

Friday the 13 is my lucky day. That's when I became a mother. Moving, on the other hand, can be a monster!!

When I moved from NM to WA in 2017, I had just stopped for a herd of deer in the road to be slammed by a vehicle going 60. They were texting and my car fully stopped theirs. I moved the next day and still do not know how I drove that truck.

The next time I moved WA to AZ in 2019, the SWAT team showed up as described in the links below that I did not seem able to link you to...

Keep us posted...

General Autism Discussion
#45 - QuestJan
Right now I have a farm collie, August (on the right). August did an amazing job demonstrating alpha. I had ...

I missed this place

IMG_20210814_065441.jpg

Ed

Sounds like a successful move. I didn't keep track of why you're moving back home?

To my folks. I'll start looking for a flat to buy once the money from the house sale comes through in a few weeks.

Ed

New Threads

Top Bottom