• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It Wasn't Witches ...

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I saw this elsewhere online and wanted to share it. It seemed appropriate for Halloween:

"It was not witches who burned.
It was women.
Women who were seen as;
Too beautiful,
Too outspoken,
Had too much water in the well (yes, seriously),
Who had a birthmark,
Women who were too skilled with herbal medicine,
Too loud,
Too quiet,
Too much red in their hair,
Women who had a strong nature connection,
Women who danced,
Women who sang,
or anything else, really.

Any woman was at risk of burning in the 1600’s. Sisters testified and turned on each other when their babies were held under ice.

Children were tortured to confess their experiences with “witches” by being fake executed in ovens.

Women were held under water and if they could float, they were guilty and executed. If they sank and drowned they were innocent.

Women were thrown off cliffs.
Women were put in deep holes in the ground.

Why do I write this?

Because knowing our history is important when we are building a new world.

When we are doing the healing work of our lineages and as women.

To give the women who were slaughtered a voice, to give them redress and a chance of peace.

It was not witches who burned.
It was women."

- Fia Forsström (Excerpt)
Art print: The Witches by Kyri Koniotis

250975640_4419010128146745_6919973420440694244_n.jpg

Perhaps someday societies will exist without a need for scapegoats of any kind.

One can only hope...

I really wish you hadn’t titled this thread like that. I have ptsd because of fire, my little brother came close to burning himself and our house up.

Some yes but look up Robert Godfrey and you will see it wasn't just women who were accused of being witch's. This is what you get when you let the system teach you history that is mostly false. The reason for this hunt was because they did not like how the puritans were following God. This is why even today the puritans are looked at badly.

I really wish you hadn’t titled this thread like that. I have ptsd because of fire, my little brother came close to burning himself and our house up.
That is a sad thing! Please understand the witch hunts are a scar of the psyche of many women. We, collectively, share a sort of social ptsd due to the witch hunts.

Some yes but look up Robert Godfrey and you will see it wasn't just women who were accused of being witch's. This is what you get when you let the system teach you history that is mostly false. The reason for this hunt was because they did not like how the puritans were following God. This is why even today the puritans are looked at badly.
You are correct that men were also accused but you are not correct that the witch hunts were about puritans.
It was about power and instilling fear. It absolutly has nothing to do with not not liking how puritans were following God. Religion was the very least of it and only the vehicle not the motivation.

You are correct that men were also accused but you are not correct that the witch hunts were about puritans.
It was about power and instilling fear. It absolutly has nothing to do with not not liking how puritans were following God. Religion was the very least of it and only the vehicle not the motivation.

I disagree but people can research it themselves.

I disagree but people can research it themselves.

Only about a quarter of people accused of witchcraft were men. The vast majority were women. But aside from the witch thing, women endured thousands of years of being told to sit down, shut up, and obey their husbands or else be shunned and/or institutionalized—or tortured and executed in extreme cases. It’s really only been in about the last forty years or so that that’s changed. As a woman, I’m very pleased to be living in the 21st Century!

A quarter of people executed for witchcraft were men, and other surprising facts

Only about a quarter of people accused of witchcraft were men. The vast majority were women. But aside from the witch thing, women endured thousands of years of being told to sit down, shut up, and obey their husbands or else be shunned and/or institutionalized—or tortured and executed in extreme cases. It’s really only been in about the last forty years or so that that’s changed. As a woman, I’m very pleased to be living in the 21st Century!

A quarter of people executed for witchcraft were men, and other surprising facts

My point remains it wasn't just women.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Women may be no longer being burned or hanged because of witchcraft (in most western countries, anyway), but now we have incels and mass killers blaming all their problems on women (who won't sleep with them) and being unable to tell the difference between between feminism and misandry. Humans are really the lowest life forms on the Earth.

Harry Potter had an interesting bit in the books where the true magical folk that got caught and were sentenced to burn actually could cast a spell to protect them from burning and just had to pretend to die and that one witch liked the sensation the spell had on the flames that she repeatedly allowed herself to be captured multiple times in different identities. I’m surprised that witch hunters didn’t think that if the women really were witches then they could easily cast magic to save themselves from death.

Men were also accused of being witches and killed. One guy was literally crushed to death as he was being tortured into confessing of being a witch during the Salem Witch Trials.

Oh okay, you were just pointing that out. For some reason I thought a larger point was being made. Anyway, dark times. Very sad all around.

New Threads

Top Bottom