• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It finally makes sense!

Pris_33

I Just received my official diagnosis yesterday! Autism and ADHD. I am still rather shocked... if you had told me two years ago that I was autistic I would have never believed it.

I always felt different from everyone around me, completely separated somehow. As a kid, I thought this was a good thing, since all the heroes and heroines in books were always different from the norm. But then as I got older it all went to pot. I've felt worthless for so long. Like a fake human... some sort of implant from another planet. But there's a reason for that, and I don't have to feel guilty about it any longer.

It's very nice to be here! I'm a young lady in her twenties. I love classic, world and arthouse film. My favorite movies include The Silence of the Lambs, Blade Runner, Daisies, Walkabout, Marketa Lazarova, and many more. I also really like languages and taught myself Korean in my teens. Nice to meet you :)

marketa-lazarova-2.png

'Nice Doggies...'

;)

Wow...impressive! Why Korean? Family connections?
No, just a big obsession with Korean dramas! It was a quintessential autistic special interest. Hours and hours pouring over grammar books and doing conversation exchanges online! Lots of fun for me, although my mother was nonplussed that I spent all my time cooped up looking at flash cards :p

Welcome! :)
You’ll definitely enjoy it here. We’re pretty friendly!

That’s really impressive that you taught yourself Korean. I’m Portuguese-American and Latino and I really struggle with Portuguese and Spanish :confused: I’m adopted and my parents aren’t Hispanic.
I do enjoy music in those languages though. I love non-English language music.

Your interest in film is really cool too :) I studied film a little bit in school.

Hopefully you make lots of friends here and enjoy your stay! :)
- Luca

I felt pretty similar to you, when I was formally diagnosed a few year's ago now with asd grade 2 to 3.

Oh my, I am so jealous that you can understand Korean, as I love watching Korean dramas and just yesterday, a part of the subs went missing and I prided myself of understanding a few words, since my language nuron is not working.

I have lived in France for close to 20 years and can just get by in French. Can read a bit, but cannot write and it is said that if you learn one language, you can easily learn others, so there is me thinking: I love Korean things and the language, so if I could find my way to understanding it, it may help kick start my brain to speaking better French. The problem is, if I do not like something, I do not want to know and sadly, I do not like French.

Silence of the lamb gave me nightmares and cannot even look at that actor, without shuddering.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

I felt pretty similar to you, when I was formally diagnosed a few year's ago now with asd grade 2 to 3.

Oh my, I am so jealous that you can understand Korean, as I love watching Korean dramas and just yesterday, a part of the subs went missing and I prided myself of understanding a few words, since my language nuron is not working.

I have lived in France for close to 20 years and can just get by in French. Can read a bit, but cannot write and it is said that if you learn one language, you can easily learn others, so there is me thinking: I love Korean things and the language, so if I could find my way to understanding it, it may help kick start my brain to speaking better French. The problem is, if I do not like something, I do not want to know and sadly, I do not like French.

Silence of the lamb gave me nightmares and cannot even look at that actor, without shuddering.

Anyway, welcome aboard.
I agree with you parents spoke Dutch, raised in English, Live in a bilingual country, where every thing is labeled in both languages. Happy with one language hard to avoid the others.

New Threads

Top Bottom