• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Myrtonos

Hey "Rabbits",

I have been looking at a lot of videos on a channel called DontTrustTheRabbit, which is mostly about the Germans and their language. But I have found clues that she is on the spectrum, but not diagnosed. In her first video in English, on speaking English at work, she says something shortly after 5:27 about struggling to find the right words to sound "perfect". Also, see these videos:
I decided to bring this to the attention of the autistic community.

I don't know but I think her analogy comparing social energy to literal appetite is brilliant.

It's possible.

However, having a hard time showing emotion and not being a social person doesn't necessarily mean one is autistic. Sure, those are common signs of autism, but they are also signs of introversion or one's personality type.

I have asked on Instagram, but with no response. I would like to get together with at least one other who suspects the same thing.

I recognise much of what is described in the first video.

As an Aspie with alexithymia I can find much of what she is saying matches my experience of lack of emotional affect and delayed ability to express an emotional reaction.

Alexithymia is often found in folk with autism, but it is not a sign of autism.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom