1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is This Really Happening?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Tesseract, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Tesseract

Tesseract Active Member

Even though I live in Australia (and am very familiar with how far Left the place is) and once attended university here (and thus had to put up with many ignorant, misguided teachers and lecturers who liked to spout crazy Marxist drivel), this story is just... too much. It just can't be true.

Banning sarcasm. Are they actually serious, or are they just being sarcastic, and this is all just a bad joke? Is there anyone else here who has heard of this? Is it actually real?

2. Bolletje

Bolletje Potato chip wizard V.I.P Member

Has to be a joke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nauti

Nauti Well-Known Member

Unfreakingbelievable! And there I was considering going back to my Arts degree...I.might have to rethink that plan. I just want to hide away until all the craziness blows over.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bolletje

Bolletje Potato chip wizard V.I.P Member

I hope you have several decades worth of supplies in your Fallout shelter, because it looks like you’ll have to wait a while for this brand of crazy to blow over.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. OkRad

OkRad Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Can't be serious. Is it? I live near a University that is very much into the safe places and sensitivity.

I figure it's not really hurting anyone, the safe places.

But it is hurting someone if you get in trouble because you have a tendency to roll your eyes and talk a certain way.

Some people who have been traumatized ARE sarcastic.

"Oh, really?! You want me to seek help?! Ummmmm, that sounds like a grrrrreat idea, Bucko!"

Authorities: "Oh, here you are. You are now under suspension for being sarcastic."

What?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Manifestations of "political correctness" can go in some pretty strange directions. Sometimes it can make sense, and sometimes up to debate. And on occasion...go figure. o_O

8. Mr Allen

Mr Allen Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Probably a joke, even the Australians government aren't THAT daft.