1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is Prince Philip an Aspie?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by 142857, Mar 12, 2010.

1. 142857

142857 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Prince Philip puts his foot in it again
    11:20 AEST Sat Mar 13 2010

Prince Philip has made another gaffe when he asked a woman if she worked in a strip club.
    The Queen's gaffe-prone husband Prince Philip proved that at 88 he is as undiplomatic as ever when he asked a young sea cadet if she worked in a strip club.

The former naval officer, infamous for his colourful off-hand remarks, was visiting cadets in Exeter, southwest England, when he put the question to Elizabeth Rendle.

The 24-year-old, who works as a barmaid in a nightclub, was asked what she did for a living.

"I just said that I worked in a club, and then he asked, 'Oh, what, a strip club?'", she told The Daily Telegraph newspaper. "Obviously I said 'No' and then he said 'Oh, it's a bit too cold today anyway'.

"I was quite surprised but I think he was just trying to lighten the mood. It was a joke and we were all laughing, which drew everyone else's attention to us.

"I don't think he put his foot in it, it was a joke and I didn't take any offence. I think he was just putting people at their ease."

The Duke of Edinburgh's comments are usually intended to put the other person at ease when meeting royalty but they have often landed him in hot water on foreign visits.

Past royal outtakes include: "Still throwing spears?" - when quizzing an Australian Aborigine during a 2002 visit and, to a 13-year-old boy dreaming of flying in a spacecraft: "Well, you'll never fly in it, you're too fat."

During a state visit to China in 1986, he warned a group of British students: "If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed."

2. Chris

Chris Guest

I think aspergers might be a bit of a leap, just from that?

3. 142857

I suppose that the title was a little tongue-in-cheek. I thought the story was funny.

4. Sipe

Sipe Well-Known Member

Who?

5. Chris

Chris Guest

Prince Philip... English Prince?

6. Sipe

Sipe Well-Known Member

There are still "princes" in England? Is England still a monarchy? Or is this "royal" family some sort of mascot of England? Just like the Swedish royal family who does`t have any political power (At least as much as prime minister)?

7. Emor

Emor Well-Known Member

Yeah, they don't really have any power but they still get loads of money from taxes. The monarch also has a meeting with the Primeminister every week.
    And on passports and stuff it says the Queen's people or something and I asked my Mum why it said that when the Queen has no authority and she acted as if I was being pedantic(apparently I'm being pedantic a lot of the time).
    And every English nationalist you know is obsessed with the Queen despite her insignificance.
    EMZ=]

8. mikkyh

mikkyh Well-Known Member

To be honest...no he doesn't.

And sipe, we have a democracy government (I think that's what it's called, I hate politics). We have to vote on stuff proposed by the prime minister and the political parties, though we do have a queen she never does anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2021
  9. Ruby_Aspergic

Ruby_Aspergic Well-Known Member

I was only aware of prince william and prince harry.

For someone who was so promising as an adolescent, prince william became very unattractive. It is a matter of serious disappointment in the US. XD

10. Sipe

Sipe Well-Known Member

Thats just (no offence) plain stupid! Why the citizens tax money should be spent on them! Especially if they don`t do anything politically important. This might offence some people, but folks its 21th century now so having royal families like that, kings and queens are totally useless expect if they really rule the country like a real, true king. Not like a mascot.

11. mikkyh

mikkyh Well-Known Member

I know right ? I mean the queen does all. She gets her arse wiped for her just so she does a stupid little speech every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2021
  12. Emor

Emor Well-Known Member

Well they have to host public events and what not.
    But so do other celebrities so yeah.
    I'd just like to add to the conversation that if AS is genetic there's a good possibility that several of the monarchy were to some extent Autistic.
    Prince John had epilepsy and from his behaviour was also suspected of having Autism(25% of epilepsy cases have learning disabilities)...
    And there's all the inbreeding too... rofl...
    Personally I like to think that he's just an asshole(Prince Phillip), but idk. I've said some things but I just find it impossible to have not picked up that being fat is stigmatised against, insulting racial traits(that's probably poor wording but meh) is publicly considered borderline racist(I personally think it's not very racist but a public figure shouldn't care about what the minority thinks), etc.
    EMZ=]

13. Sipe

Sipe Well-Known Member

I know this is a bit off the main topic, but because this is bothering me I ask anyway. There are three names of England; England, Great Britain and The United Kingdom. My question is, whats the difference between these names? Do they have some sort of different meaning? Like for example, The Netherlands is also sometimes called "Holland" but the country`s official name is The Netherlands. What about England?

14. 142857

Doesn't the Queen have right of veto over any legislation? Doesn't she have the right to dismiss the government? Isn't she the head of the Church of England? QE II does have some power, even if doesn't really amount to anything since it would create such a huge scandal if she were ever to exercise it.

15. Chris

Chris Guest

England, is the definitive country. Great Britain is Wales, Scotland and England. The United Kingdom is Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and England...

I think.

16. Sipe

Sipe Well-Known Member

Ah, so it`s like that! Thanks. Now I get it.

17. Emor

Emor Well-Known Member

*Dictionary*
    Great Britain |╦łbritn|
    England, Wales, and Scotland considered as a unit. The name is also often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom.
    United Kingdom (abbr.: UK)
    a country in western Europe that consists of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland; pop. 60,270,000; capital, London; language, English (official). Full name United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland .
    I thought they were synonyms tbh.
    And idk how much authority the Queen has but I thought it was negligible.
    EMZ=P

18. Chris

Chris Guest

:D Woop.

19. Sipe

Sipe Well-Known Member

That`s one long name for one small country...

20. Emor

Emor Well-Known Member

Well it's not actually a country. It's a Kingdom consisting of 4 countries :p.
    ... I think.
    EMZ=]