• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it possible to harness add and aspergers for your body?

Wolfnox

V.I.P Member
By this i mean putting your mind and body in tune with each other. Making use of the benefits of autism and your add or adhd to enhance your bodies reflexes and movements.

By this i mean putting your mind and body in tune with each other. Making use of the benefits of autism and your add or adhd to enhance your bodies reflexes and movements.

I suppose you'd have to be considerably more specific than that. It might possibly be a viable consideration for yourself, but not necessarily something you can "export" to us all.

For me personally, you'd be talking about stilted walking, swaying back and forth and pacing. These just aren't things I'd be interested in enhancing in the first place. As for my comorbid conditions, clinical depression and OCD don't really have any obvious external manifestations either. Not conditions I'd even want to "enhance".

I've actually managed to do that to a certain extent. I take martial arts, and I've found that my love of repetitive movement has me learning the techniques and forms faster than most people. I also use my OCD and love of routines to get my work done at my job. Also, my love of research has kept me alive this long and made me able to keep myself healthy MOSTLY without having to see a doctor all the time. My obsessions with my conditions mean I know LOTS about what's happening to me, and can implement coping skills and adaptations much more quickly. Do I know how to transmit this information to others?? Nope. But I have learned to work WITH my issues instead of constantly being at odds with myself.

In the past I've tried to think of my OCD as an asset, and under certain isolated circumstances it might be called as such. But in the big picture I tend to view it more as a liability than an asset. It has no "off switch". :oops:

Last edited:
I agree with @Ronin82, using your love of routines and repetitiveness is what keeps us passionate about our day. Sometimes l don't have energy, but when l start a exercise that is repetitive, then l feel energetic and complete. You do have to put it together, connections of OCD, passions of certain things and combine for best outcome. This applies to employment also. My current position was excellent for awhile because l need lots of multitasking to stay engaged and mentally on task.

New Threads

Top Bottom