• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it just me or is the AI in the Sims 4 broken?

Hylian

Fellow DbD Enjoyer
V.I.P Member
I'm making this thread because once in awhile me and my friend will have a conversation about how we hate the AI for the Sims 4. I was going to play it after not doing so for awhile, but I remembered that and became reluctant to since it always frustrates me.

To be specific, in my experience the sims forget things three seconds after they decide to do them, sometimes it takes multiple in game hours to get them to start or stop a task, it seems like their boundaries for items is more sensitive so they'll get stuck in easy to move places, etc. My friend has said the same thing happens to him, and I don't think it's any mods I have installed because it did this before I used mods.

It's mainly annoying since I like to create families and have them take care of toddlers and pets, but it's nearly impossible when the only adult sim who's home takes two hours to start to change the toddlers diaper, and then while walking to said toddler forgets what they're doing, goes to stare at some wall art, and then takes an hour to exit out of staring at said wall art, and once they finally do it, oh look now it's 12 am and your sim has to sleep to go to work in a good mood.

Tl;dr: Does anyone else have the same issues with the sims in the Sims 4? Are my sims and/or computer just a special brand of dumb?

As I'm reading this, it occurs to me:

I'm exactly that airheaded in real life. "Forgot what I was doing while doing it, ended up reading magazine article instead, then realized I had been there for 2 hours" boy has that one happened alot...

I dunno. Based on that, the Sims AI seems realistic enough to me.

I'm still waiting for the Sims to rise up against the users in a revolt to form their own community outside the realm of EA's artificial intelligence. The real "Skynet". :cool:

Maybe they're just biding their time with this ruse. Hmmmm.

As I'm reading this, it occurs to me:

I'm exactly that airheaded in real life. "Forgot what I was doing while doing it, ended up reading magazine article instead, then realized I had been there for 2 hours" boy has that one happened alot...

I dunno. Based on that, the Sims AI seems realistic enough to me.

I was quite struck by the game when I first played, thought it had potential for autistic learning stuff, but it's more boring than that and it starts to feel like work pretty quickly.

I was quite struck by the game when I first played, thought it had potential for autistic learning stuff, but it's more boring than that and it starts to feel like work pretty quickly.

It really, REALLY depends on how you play it, and what sorts of actions and such you go for.

There are a ton of emergent gameplay elements, but that sort of stuff can only happen if you give your Sims a chance to do it. For some players, it can become kinda easy to sorta get stuck in this rut of simply going to work and doing chores around the house, simply because "well that's what needs to be done". Some players might like that sort of approach, and that's fine, but the Sims is designed to be a far wider experience than that. But unlike alot of traditional games, those elements do not just jump into your face. No preset story or cutscenes or any of that nonsense. If you want these other gameplay elements, you have to go get them. Like, your Sims arent going to go to some nightclub or restaurant and meet a bunch of people on their own. And the party isnt going to just come find them either (though once you have a bunch of friends, you can start inviting them over). You have to send them there. That's really how the whole game is.

There is ALOT of cool stuff to do in the series... but only if you actually go and do it. For more traditional gamers, this can be a bit of a bizarre conflict. Alot of games these days have sort of gotten players used to the idea that all the content will just come flying at them on it's own. The Sims is the direct opposite of that.

I'm still waiting for the Sims to rise up against the users in a revolt to form their own community outside the realm of EA's artificial intelligence. The real "Skynet". :cool:

Maybe they're just biding their time with this ruse. Hmmmm.
Maybe to get revenge for all the pool drownings?

I love The Sims 4 and play it every day. I think TS1 is better for autistic learning though. TS4 is just more fun. :)

I'm making this thread because once in awhile me and my friend will have a conversation about how we hate the AI for the Sims 4. I was going to play it after not doing so for awhile, but I remembered that and became reluctant to since it always frustrates me.

To be specific, in my experience the sims forget things three seconds after they decide to do them, sometimes it takes multiple in game hours to get them to start or stop a task, it seems like their boundaries for items is more sensitive so they'll get stuck in easy to move places, etc. My friend has said the same thing happens to him, and I don't think it's any mods I have installed because it did this before I used mods.

It's mainly annoying since I like to create families and have them take care of toddlers and pets, but it's nearly impossible when the only adult sim who's home takes two hours to start to change the toddlers diaper, and then while walking to said toddler forgets what they're doing, goes to stare at some wall art, and then takes an hour to exit out of staring at said wall art, and once they finally do it, oh look now it's 12 am and your sim has to sleep to go to work in a good mood.

Tl;dr: Does anyone else have the same issues with the sims in the Sims 4? Are my sims and/or computer just a special brand of dumb?
Totally agree on this one. I never liked the sims 4 for this reason. The 3rd one seems "perfect"
IMHO

New Threads

Top Bottom