• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is Final Fantasy 1-6 worth playing on Steam?

In all honesty, it's one of those things where I just have trouble seeing the point.

It's stupidly easy to just get the things on emulators... the real versions, I mean. The remakes are often heavily altered (mangled) in some way. Heck, I remember the FF1 remakes that had already been around, and they... I mean good grief, they didnt even use the same spell charge system, which the entire bloody game was balanced around. Among 5 million other problems. Perhaps they've changed that now? I have no idea. I'm gonna take a wild, craaaazy guess and say that whatever systems they use, all 6 of the new remakes are probably very easy. Call it a hunch. Granted, some players like that, I guess...

Beyond that though they're DEFINITELY not worth the amount of money that Squeenix wants out of you. Okay seriously, Windows? Your spellchecker knows what "Squeenix" is? What?

*ahem*

But yeah they're NOT worth that money. The bundle is $70 for all six... at a hefty discount! I mean I'd pay MAYBE 15 for that bundle. But that's the point of remakes, and is why the big companies are so obsessed with them right now: Slap a new coat of paint on them (if they even did that), make it shiny enough, use the word IMPROVEMENTS over and over, and call it a day. Little need to do any of the real design work because someone already did it for you 25 years ago. Maybe add in a badly designed "new" dungeon here and there, I dunno. And then rake in lots of profit for little effort by appealing to nostalgia, or to younger gamers who "missed out".

That's just my thoughts on them though... 'tis only an opinion.

Just think carefully before you make a purchase, when dealing with one of the big companies. I guess that's the best advice.

New Threads

Top Bottom