• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Juliet8080

So I have like zero sex drive. I mean, I literally feel like nothing has changed since I was a kid. Physically, my body works just fine and I'm old enough to know that my feelings about it aren't gonna change. I'm just curious if this is a me thing or an aspie thing. I consider myself asexual but it goes beyond attraction. There's just nothing there and I'm totally cool with it. I was thinking it's an aspie thing since a lot of people have childish mindsets, so maybe that's it. Is hyposexual even a word? Maybe non-sexual?

Also I am a diagnosed aspie.

I'm both asexual and hyposexual and thus you can imagine I'm highly conflicted inside. I've had to learn a lot about what I wanted to be, why I can't be seen as attractive, why I can't make relationships work and most importantly why I'm much stronger without them or any sexual pre-occupation. I'll be asking for antidepressants with libido sapping properties very soon and perhaps finally there'll be no more conflict (as every success against the hyposexual side has seen me gain new abilities where the previouse focus and lack of self esteem has disappeared from wanting sexual relations etc). I've always been of the belief that for most (not all, but definitely many guys) love and aspie-ism DO NOT go together!!

Hyposexual is certainly a word, 'hyposexuality' is a recognised disorder. I think in the asexual community it is usually called non-libidoist or something along those lines. I'm not aware of it really being an aspie thing. I'm asexual but have a pretty average libido.

I'm both asexual and hyposexual and thus you can imagine I'm highly conflicted inside. I've had to learn a lot about what I wanted to be, why I can't be seen as attractive, why I can't make relationships work and most importantly why I'm much stronger without them or any sexual pre-occupation. I'll be asking for antidepressants with libido sapping properties very soon and perhaps finally there'll be no more conflict (as every success against the hyposexual side has seen me gain new abilities where the previouse focus and lack of self esteem has disappeared from wanting sexual relations etc). I've always been of the belief that for most (not all, but definitely many guys) love and aspie-ism DO NOT go together!!
I think you might mean HYPERsexual?

Hyposexual is certainly a word, 'hyposexuality' is a recognised disorder. I think in the asexual community it is usually called non-libidoist or something along those lines. I'm not aware of it really being an aspie thing. I'm asexual but have a pretty average libido.

I think you might mean HYPERsexual?
Duh lol, silly me.

If you look online, you will find whole communities of people identifying as asexual (I'm one of them as well). I don't think it's an Aspie thing in particular, though I suppose it's possible that there is a higher proportion in the autistic community than in the wider population.

I wish that I was . It would take away the deep longing that I have for a romantic relationship. I suppose I don't put as much value in companionship as the general population and would likely be very content with a part time relationship but the strong desire for a romantic relationship is always there .

I came to terms with my 'asexuality' this summer. As much as I don't like labels like that, finding out there was other people out there like me was comforting. For the longest time I had no libido and very little attraction to others in those ways... Got checked by a doctor and they suggested a better diet but nothing improved that way. I'm just happier when sex isn't a part of my life. I thought there was something wrong with me for feeling this way... So accepting myself even without the sexuality society says is 'normal' or 'healthy' was a really important event in my life.

I'm just happier when sex isn't a part of my life.
This is a key sentence. Why sex or anythung else is important, if there is no joy and happiness?
I don't find myself asexual, but sometimes I like and feel so good if I do a petting instead of sex.
Also it's important to have a true partner, having a sex just for a fun is just a waste of time.

If you look online, you will find whole communities of people identifying as asexual (I'm one of them as well). I don't think it's an Aspie thing in particular, though I suppose it's possible that there is a higher proportion in the autistic community than in the wider population.

I'm not so sure sometimes...

No it's not exclusively aspie, but it seems most logical for an aspie to be asexual and I wonder if more are than aren't?

I came to terms with my 'asexuality' this summer. As much as I don't like labels like that, finding out there was other people out there like me was comforting. For the longest time I had no libido and very little attraction to others in those ways... Got checked by a doctor and they suggested a better diet but nothing improved that way. I'm just happier when sex isn't a part of my life. I thought there was something wrong with me for feeling this way... So accepting myself even without the sexuality society says is 'normal' or 'healthy' was a really important event in my life.

Don't fear it, embrace it. Only half of me is asexual, I'm trying hard (now starting medication too) to ensure all of me is. I'd do almost anything to have no sexual or romantic desires what so ever, they just depress me.

So I have like zero sex drive. I mean, I literally feel like nothing has changed since I was a kid. Physically, my body works just fine and I'm old enough to know that my feelings about it aren't gonna change. I'm just curious if this is a me thing or an aspie thing. I consider myself asexual but it goes beyond attraction. There's just nothing there and I'm totally cool with it. I was thinking it's an aspie thing since a lot of people have childish mindsets, so maybe that's it. Is hyposexual even a word? Maybe non-sexual?

Also I am a diagnosed aspie.
Hyposexual is indeed a word. It's definition is a sexual disorder associated with exceedingly low libido, which inhibits one's sex drive. I'm this way, too, so you're not alone. In fact, when my boyfriend who happens to be the opposite wants sex, I want him to hurry up and get it over with. I know that's awful, but I have experienced sexual trauma and my sex drive is just not normal because of it. I don't remember my last orgasm because it's been so long. I don't know if it's an "Aspie thing" ,but it's definitely a "me thing".

I wish that I was . It would take away the deep longing that I have for a romantic relationship. I suppose I don't put as much value in companionship as the general population and would likely be very content with a part time relationship but the strong desire for a romantic relationship is always there .

Actually asexuality, and lack of libido, are unrelated to ones desire for a romantic relationship. Many asexuals wish for and have committed romantic relationships, marry and have children. Most asexuals identify with both a romantic and sexual orientation, such as "heteromatic asexual"= romantically attracted to the opposite sex, sexualy attracted to no one.

No it's not exclusively aspie, but it seems most logical for an aspie to be asexual and I wonder if more are than aren't?

Why would it be logical for aspies to be asexual? They are two completely desperate issues. Aspies can be any orientation, as can NTs.

Why would it be logical for aspies to be asexual? They are two completely desperate issues. Aspies can be any orientation, as can NTs.

A potential lack of emotion or connectivity with others tends to preclude the liklihood of romantic or sexual desires. A greater chance of inner conflict from chasing after something that's risky. There are many possible reasons. Aspies don't follow like sheep and thus they would not feel they needed to find love just because every other NT so desperately seeks to to supposedly complete their lives.

A potential lack of emotion or connectivity with others tends to preclude the liklihood of romantic or sexual desires. A greater chance of inner conflict from chasing after something that's risky. There are many possible reasons. Aspies don't follow like sheep and thus they would not feel they needed to find love just because every other NT so desperately seeks to to supposedly complete their lives.
I have not seen anything suggesting that aspies lack emotions, just that we struggle with empathy and social situations. While this might make it more difficult form romantic relationships, it doesn't preclude the desire to have one. Asexuality is another issue altogether, people don't require emotion or social connection to feel attraction (unless they are demisexual), or to experience and fulfil sexual desires.

New Threads

Top Bottom