• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is anyone here interested in video game writing or general game design?

ElvenNeko

Do you enjoy creating believable and interesting worlds, emotional expiriences, memorable characters, and then add some unique mechanics to make those games more original and immersive? Perhaps you ever wanted to discuss games you play, shows\movies you watch, stories you write, or even write them together?

I have some actual game-dev experience, contracted work under an indie dev team I'd gotten to know. A game that's sort of like Binding of Isaac but with very heavy bullet-hell elements. Did that, did a couple of expansions for that, and also worked on a couple of expansions for that team's previous game.

Generally the different enemies, bosses, and their associated behaviors and bullet/attack patterns were what I made, as well as handling balance and making sure that the procedural room thingie didnt break certain rules. Though I also had an odd amount of authority over the project for... some reason.

As actual WRITING goes? No, I didnt do any of that... what I can do is in the design/implementation/balancing of game mechanics/elements. To a point.

The closest I've come to writing isnt related to a game but is instead some stuff I've written in conjunction with an AI (OpenAI's GPT-3, to be precise). Needless to say, with that stuff, I cant exactly say that I did it all on my own... there isnt all that much of it anyway... the main thing I'm trying to make (slowly) is an SCP entry.

Overall as gaming goes though, I definitely do a lot of it and have always had an interest in the design elements.

HOWEVER, I do not go anywhere near AAA games. Just... just no. Those have gotten all gross and nasty, so I dont bother with them anymore. I stick with indie stuff pretty much exclusively these days. I also am into retro games. And VR as well (Oculus).

New Threads

Top Bottom